New Amps From Denon!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Who has seen the new Denon AVR-4310, you can buy it now for £1899. Looks tasty, like a jam doughnut from Sainsbury's. The thing is, would this be good with my B&W 683's and PV1, the guy said at the store to get a seperarte pre amp, and receiver, although, that sounds bias? Maybe...

Anyway, what are your thoughts, also, do you think it will be a good choice for my 2.1 system! (B&W PV1, B&W 683)

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Don't you think that a receiver such as the 4310 would be wasted on a 2.1 setup? Most of the features and amplification would be unused. The outgoing models would be more cost effective in this instance, the 3808a is going for £1000 or so and the 4308a is going for £1500 at the likes of creative-audio.co.uk

Have you thought about a stereo amp such as the Harmon Kardon HK990? It's one of the few stereo amps around with digital inputs and sub pre-outs and plenty of power. I haven't seen a review yet though.... Obviously any stereo amp could be used, if you use an external DAC and obviously subs can be connected via the high-level speaker connections. Do you intend going 5.1/7.1 in the future and what are you connecting?

What exactly did the salesman recommend to you (pre-proc/power amp)? Are you buying it all from the same place?

A

Anonymous

Well I was going to buy a stereo amp (Better for music!) but I may be upgrading my system to 5.1 later on in the year, although, the pre amp idea has come to mind!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
A lot of the current pre-amp/processors are inherently expensive and most lack HD audio decoding as a number of the manufacturers have yet to dip their toe in the digital world. Some have e.g. Rotel, Marantz, Denon etc. but for some strange reason WHF rarely review processors or multi-channel power-amps. The Audiolab 8000AP lacks HD audio decoding but this is irrelevant if your bluray player can decode it and has been partnered by all manner of amplification on another forum I frequent and has a massive following. The WHF review didn't go down too well, which I can actually understand. Another option would be to go with a cheaper AV receiver with the correct pre-out connections and use that as a complete solution for now, then add a power amp later. An example would be the Marantz SR6003, then add the Marantz MM8003 later. This would be a cheaper solution than going for the AV8003 pre-amp/processor unit and I have heard elsewhere that the combo works well. It was something that I certainly have considered, although I'm trying to reduce the box count, not increase it. Multi-channel power amps also turn up on ebay etc. a lot and you can pick up high quality Rotel and so on there for next to nothing (although it looks like your budget isn't too tight!). Going down this route, would also mean that if you're happy with the sound from your setup and they bring out yet another 'must have' feature e.g. HDMI 1.4, you simply change the processor and don't have to keep changing receivers every 3-4 years. Just a thought....

A

Anonymous

I have completely changed my mind, I will get a cheaper receiver, and a samsung TV, sweet!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
ajharris:I have completely changed my mind, I will get a cheaper receiver, and a samsung TV, sweet!

Err, okay?
emotion-18.gif

A

Anonymous

Wife said not aloud to spend that much, I cancelled the order! I will take pictures of new samsung when it arrives!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts