Network Dropping out

andywscott

Oct 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi I recently got a sonos S5 starter pack and all was working great until one of my bt power line adapters went dead. I have one adapter behind the computer and the other was behind my TV going into a 5 port hub then feeding the TV, blu-ray & sonos zone bridge but after it stopped working a bt vision engineer came out to replace the adapters because one is faulty but it won't connect to the other power line adaptor just has red light so tried other sockets in the room to find it worked on some & not others so now have a long Ethernet cable going to the hub but every time I use the sonos its all juddery & just stops and when i look at the power line adapter its red or amber should I plug the zone bridge direct into the bt home hub ? It seems strange that the adapters work in some sockets in the house and not others as the ones that broke had been behind the TV for two years has anyone got any ideas should I purchase other power line adapters not from bt or should they look at this as vision TV drops out still I just upgraded to bt infinity as I thought that would improve things but it doesn't seem to have improved apart from upload speed which is now 1.63 & download which is 13.41 expected the download to be much faster though any help appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Powerline problem is almost certainly caused by both being set as access points (aps). Only 1 can be an access point the others have to configured as end points (eps). Assuming they are those black comtrend ones.

A

Anonymous

I had this problem with the black comtrend ones, and used these instructions to get them to connect. I imagine the white ones are similar - I believe its the same for all powerline.

- Unplug the adapters

- Plug in 1 adapter, hold reset button for 15 secs to do a factory reset.

- Then press button for 3 secs or so until the ap light starts flashing, - it should then go green and stay on. (this is now the ap)

- Plug in adapter 2, press reset button on adapter 2 for 15 secs to do a factory rest.

- Press the button on adapter 2 for around 3 secs so the ap light starts flashing - it should flash 3 times quickly and then turn off (means its and end point.)

- U should now be connected. If not, repeat until success.

- Repeat this for as many end points as needed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts