Neighbours

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm sitting in the back garden preparing the BBQ, after a long, hard day for number 2 son's birthday at Legoland I feel we need a break - anyway she is still upstairs with the monkey.

The neighbours from 2 doors down are playing music loud from either a ghettoblaster or a pair of rubbish iPod speakers, too loud and distorting terribly. I don't understand how they can sit there and listen to it. Unbelievable.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:
It's all give and take really isn't it?

Some people may not like the fumes from your barbeque wofting through their open windows.

They've switched it off now thankfully. It wasn't really a question of give and take Chebbs, it was more how can they stand to listen to music distorting like crazy because it's being played at about twice the level the speakers are capable of.

ÿ

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I bet you guys had no idea you lived so close together
emotion-14.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BBQs, kids crying, music too loud, car alarms etc are all a bit irritating at times but it is a matter of live-and-let-live and these things are usually transient.

What really bugs me is people who leave their dogs barking/pining all day or all night. Luckily that has not happened here recently, but I remember it driving people crazy a few years ago.

It does not even have to be nearby. At this time of year with windows open the sound carries a long way. Just have to rely on these people's immediate neighbours getting the most hacked off with it and taking action with the council/RSPCA etc.

This is not exclusive to 'bad areas'. The last time we experienced it was in a very posh little village in Wiltshire where the 'owner' turned out to be a very well spoken elderly lady who was looking after her son's dog for a weekend. Unfortunately it was more distressing to her than anyone else. There was no way she could placate the animal and she had to spend a lot of money to get it temporarliy kennelled. (The local National Trust 'warden' who lived nearby insisted on it.)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:chebby:
It's all give and take really isn't it?

Some people may not like the fumes from your barbeque wofting through their open windows.

They've switched it off now thankfully. It wasn't really a question of give and take Chebbs, it was more how can they stand to listen to music distorting like crazy because it's being played at about twice the level the speakers are capable of.

ÿ

I had close family members raving over the quality of a £50 Ipod dock recently. They weren't saying it sounded good for the money either.

John Duncan

JoelSim:
I'm sitting in the back garden preparing the BBQ, after a long, hard day for number 2 son's birthday at Legoland I feel we need a break - anyway she is still upstairs with the monkey.

The neighbours from 2 doors down are playing music loud from either a ghettoblaster or a pair of rubbish iPod speakers, too loud and distorting terribly. I don't understand how they can sit there and listen to it. Unbelievable.

ÿ

Bose SoundDock then?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:JoelSim:

ÿ

Bose SoundDock then?

Much much worse than that JD. I would imagine it was less than £20, and being played louder than Concorde.

ÿ

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Gusboll:
I've got The Low Anthem competing with the Magpies at the moment. Driving me nuts.

The Low Anthem - Oh My God, Charlie Darwin

Metallica's Hit The Lights (through my new headphone amp!), competing with Summit on Beeb4, competing with the sound of a cat prowling birdwards outside, competing with . . .well, not much else. The rural idyll writ large, all on the fringes of sun-burnished Wakefield.

Peace, at last.

Until the little one awakes.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I guess it is a bit weird to be spending far more on 2 mains leads than some people spend on a 'system' (in the loosest possible sense).

ÿ

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:

I guess it is a bit weird to be spending far more on 2 mains leads than some people spend on a 'system' (in the loosest possible sense).

I would suggest that the words "a bit" are unnecessary in the previous sentence.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
hammill:JoelSim:

ÿ

I would suggest that the words "a bit"ÿare unnecessary in the previous sentence.

ÿ

lol, but given I listen to my system for hours every day it's worth it for me. I'll have the cables for years and I'll get a sell-on fee at some point so it's money well spent finessing a sound I love.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts