Need speakers for Cyrus sytem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a new Cyrus 8vs2 amp / CD8SE system and matched it with my old Mission 752 floorstanders. Then I bought decent mains cables, audio cables and speaker cables. The system has over 200 hrs now and is still sounding harsh, flat with no warmth at all.

I thought about getting new speakers so I took the latest issue of the magazine and went to the buyer's guide. Problem solved: the Monitor Audio Silver RS6 speakers give you loads of bass and punch! Then I started reading some online reviews, but all reviewers are advising not to match these MA RS6 speakers with a Cyrus system....!

What £ -700 range speakers will add punch and bass to my CYRUS system??? 

thanks! 

A

Anonymous

i had the same problem with my cyrus pre and power. i found the best thing to do is avoid any speakers with metal dome tweeters also silver plated cables just make it to top heavy. after demoing lots of spekers i got the quad 11l2's. but spendor, pmc and daynaaudio all work well with cyrus. just demo as many as you can.

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Toon Echelpoels:The system has over 200 hrs now and is still sounding harsh, flat with no warmth at all

I hate to break it to you, but that's Cyrus gear for you! I went to their 'factory' a few years ago and listened to pretty much every system configuration they had to offer, in their own dedicated listening room no less, and it all sounded very much the same - bright, un-naturally forward, lack of genuine resolution, flat mids, one-note bass, in short, very 'hifi'. I wouldn't be blaming the speakers for anything. Pairing the Cyrus kit with MA speakers would make a bad situation worse. Change the electronics, pure and simple. Also, you don't mention what cables you are using.

A

Anonymous

slightly over budget but if you can,try out the ATC SCM11's.

A

Anonymous

At that budget I would stick to stand mounters. Dynaudio speakers might work quite well if you can put a bit of space between them and the walls, e.g. Focus 110, Audience 52 and 52SE at clearance prices. PMC is another good choice, e.g. DB1i or DB1+ at clearance prices. As mentioned, Spendor do some relatively laid back speakers that would work well. In fact, you should be able to get the floor stander S5e at clearance price, albeit a bit more than your budget; worth it though!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts