Need some advice on receiver for in ceiling speakers

Pipesley

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

First post here. I have 2 in-ceiling speakers in a home we just built and now I need to connect them to something. I want to stay in in the under $200 range. So yes, on the cheap!

i will be using my airport express to connect into the receiver/amp and then from there I have 2 speakers that are rated 75w each and 8ohms.

Suggestions on what to put in the middle between the airport express and speakers would be greatly appreciated.

thaks

Pipesley

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
No idea. Unfortunately, this is what you get when you are inexperienced and just ask the builder to put in some speakers. I can try to find out but I'm sure they are nothing special. He wanted to put in a Sonos receiver/amp but I did not want to spend $500.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Scan Ebay... Anything will do, but I would recommend Yamaha, Sony, Denon personally.

I have a Yamaha RX V667, it does a great job with my in-wall 5.1 (and it has a zone 2 which powers my in-ceiling 2.0 system in the kitchen). You could probably pick one of these up now for about your budget.

Pipesley

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. So because my speakers are rated for 75 watts each and 8 ohms. Can I get an amp that puts out 100 watts on each channel and still be okay? Can you reduce the output of the amp so that only 75 watts Max go to each speaker. For example I get 300 watt amp and then hook it up to my speakers.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Pipesley said:
Thanks. So because my speakers are rated for 75 watts each and 8 ohms. Can I get an amp that puts out 100 watts on each channel and still be okay? Can you reduce the output of the amp so that only 75 watts Max go to each speaker. For example I get 300 watt amp and then hook it up to my speakers.

Yes, getting a receiver / amp that is rated higher is fine. You are more likely to damage the speakers from driving them with an underpowered amp than an overpowered amp (So long as you don't turn it up to 11 and party all night :) )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts