Need help setting up Onkyo 606.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to AV recievers, i currently have a Sony 46v4000, Onkyo 606 with a PS3, Sky HD, XBOX 360, just wanting to know what the best sound settings will be all of them. Using the Onkyo 606 at the minute and i don't think im getting the most of it. Please help.

Thanks Matt

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi again Matt,

I think i have answered questions from you before.

It just so happens I have a onkyo 606 (with Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1)...

Can you explain in detail what info you need?

Which sound settings are you referring to?

Speaker distance/size etc, or which machine does the decoding of the audio, or what?

I didn't use the mic set up, and did the settings myself so give me more details.....

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I take it you have used the mic and run the speaker setup first?

You may then need to go into options and tinker with the speaker settings if you don't agree with how the auto setup did it.

Once your speakers are setup then the only other thing to set is listening mode.

You can toggle the 'listening mode' with the remote whilst listening to see which sounds best to your ears.

The listening modes all do slightly different things with the audio (it is all detailed in the manual).

If I am receiving DD5.1 I just leave that set to Dolby D.

My Wii is connected via component and that uses DPL II Game.

Everything else I have set to DPL II Movie so that all the speakers are used.

Pressing display repeatedly on the remote will show you what type of audio is currently being receiving plus what the current listening mode is.

So once you know what audio type and listening mode give you the best sound you can set that to be fixed in the options for listening mode.

The amp should then change listening modes automatically depending on the signal it is receiving and which input is being used.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts