Need Help Prof

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Prof,

How is it that I cannot get the BBCiplayer to run using the PS3 iplayer you recommended ? It keeps asking for Javascript to be enabled when it already is.
emotion-12.gif

Any tips would be appreciated.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I think it has something to do with FLASH and unfortunately it ain't work with PS3
emotion-12.gif

If you have Nintendo Wii it does work (need to download the browser software) but I can't make it full screen so it doesn't look any good.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi there, okay, just tried this and it's working fine for me. Opened the PS3 web browser and then pressed triangle and went to Tools, then Javascript and clicked on the On setting (even though it was already highlighted, I clicked on it again). Then I went to Tools > Cookies and clicked on the Allow setting (again, even though it was already selected). I then typed in www.ps3iplayer.com into the Address box and it came up with the website and I was successfully able to start a few programs including Little Britain USA and The Story of Maths.
It quickly flashes up the controls, but basically press X (or Enter on the remote) to start the show, then the down button pauses and the up arrow resumes play, the left and right rewind and fast forward respectively and R3 gives you a full screen picture.
Hopefully if you try the above it should work, otherwise I'm not sure why it wouldn't (running the latest firmware?). There are some FAQs here but they don't really offer much support other than the good news that the guy who made this site is working with the BBC on an official version.

A

Anonymous

Did as you suggested and it seemed to want to load but never got that far.

Got the plug-in screen and then wouldn't load......not even the weather for pity's sake. It was taking 10-20 minutes so I gave up.

I use Virgin and am getting 48 mbs as I write this but I have no security/firewall on the PS3 other than any that may be on trhere already. I use FF 2 on the desktop but no ISP other than that already on the PS3. In fact if I'm honest I haven't even done anything to the hard drive

Any suggestions ?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sorry fella, I'm at a loss. I use BT broadband (provided by my work). Everything runs through a Netgear router / firewall which is just configured to let any traffic out. I'm assuming iPlayer works through your computer and this is hooked into the same router as the PS3? If so, I can't see what would be blocking it as I haven't done anything special with the web browser on the PS3 other than those settings as far as I know. I'll double check through the other settings on the console tonight to see if there's anything else I've unwittingly done previously!

A

Anonymous

Cheers Prof but don't worry too much or go out of your way- I know what you're like when you have a challenge or can help. I'll just have to use the V box for iplayer but the content is only a 10th of what can be had on line.
emotion-45.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts