Need amplifier suggestion for 2 channel audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody, glad to join this forum. I need an advice regarding amplifier choice for 2 channel audio. Currently I have an old Quad 66 CD Player, Denon AVR-2310 AV Receiver and a Mordaunt-Short Aviano 2. For cables, I use Chord Chorus 2 for the analog interconnect and Chord Odyssey 2 for the speaker cable. I really enjoy listening to my CD collection everyday.

The question is, if I change the Denon to Stereo Integrated Amplifier, will it significantly improve sound quality (staging, imaging, separation, detail) over my AVR-2310? I am looking for a Stereo Integrated Amplifier around USD1000-1500. My current choices are : Moon i-1 and also Musical Fidelity M3i. Or you guys have a better suggestion for me?

Thanks a lot!

A

Anonymous

I think you will hear a pretty noticalbe difference using a dedicated stereo amp especially with the amps you are looking at. The MF M3i would be my choice if I was lucky enough to be in the market for a new amp in that price bracket.

James.

A

Anonymous

@James : Hi James, in my country M3i is sold at around USD1500. I've listened to both M3i and also Moon i-1, and frankly speaking I love the sound quality of M3i. It sounds more detail and has almost no fatigue compared to the Moon i-1. Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

A

Anonymous

You're welcome. The M3i is very highly regarded in its price bracket and if you google it the Hi-fi Choice review certainly confirms that it is indeed a superb amp. Hope you enjoy whatever you do end up getting.

James.

A

Anonymous

@James : thanks
emotion-1.gif

Everyone, how about Musical Fidelity M3i and Naim Nait 5i? which one is better in term of sound quality? thanks.

A

Anonymous

Just want to share, just got the Musical Fidelity M3i today, and hooked up to my Quad 66 and Aviano 2. The improvement is very significant in every aspect of sound and sonical quality. I am really glad and satisfied with the performance and quality of M3i. Next upgrade would the M3CD for my old Quad 66.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts