Need advice: Budget of about £750 to £1,000 for an A/V receiver....but have a question about using abroad too..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I thought I would ask for some advice.

We have the budget above and are looking for an A/V home theatre system, but one that will give us (hopefully) decent sound quality when playing audio (C.D's etc).

I know Pioneer, Denon, & I think some of the Yamaha systems are quite highly rated. We definitely want something that is future proof.

Does anyone have suggestions with the above budget. I don't know if anything recently released might be worth a look at?

Just to add, I have not thought about the speaker package yet, and would budget about £750 (is that enough to get some that are semi decent that would compliment the A/V unit?)

There might even be a package that I could look at for £1,500 - £1,750.

The other question is that right now we live in England, but in a couple of years we will be moving to the USA.

Obviously the voltage is 110v over there. Will I be able to use a system bought here over there? I'm hoping they will switch the voltage internally in a system at that price.

Cheers!

Ollie

A

Anonymous

The Onkyo 875 would do very well for you and is the current preferred choice I believe at that price range.

I could be wrong but I think it will accept either voltage but you would really need to check as I cant remember where I heard that

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Onkyo TX-SR875 would definitely be our pick at the price.

Give Onkyo a quick call
+44 (0)1494-681515

or email (onkyo@onkyo.co.uk) to confirm the voltage situation.

A

Anonymous

If you go to the states at all regularly you should really think about buying the Onkyo over there as they are 1/2 price - I have just bought the 605 for the equivalent of £220! Amazing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts