Need a new amp, any suggestions?

van Rockagne

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Dear listeners,

I'm in for a new amplifier, my current one is sometimes running on one channel an also the power button died.

The cost of repairing are not worth it.

my budget is about 300£ or 350 euro, that budget had a lot choices.

i am looking for an amp wich can provide me a sound wich I like combined with my taste of music.

I like to listen to classic piano music (cd) and light classic music from a digital radio source.

i am not in for rock dance and heavy.

wich brand can provide suitable sound with this genre?

Speakers: floor standing 70-140 watt BNS Dutch speaker brand like B&W from 1992, small living room 50m2.

current receiver Kenwood 2x 45 watt enough power.

hifi shop not near, so if go out I like to pick only 2 or 3 for a session.

please let me know which to avoid and which recommend.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
If it were me i would go for a Nad or Marantz in that price bracket. I have a Marantz PM5004 which is excellent for an entry level machine.

The 6004 has had glowing reviews and is well worth a look

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Cambridge 351a at a guess.I didn't hear it with classical,but very musical with vocals such as johnny cash, and funkier stuff sounded warm and well toned. I can imagine for the money,classical would sound v good too.

van Rockagne

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
So far only Marantz and Cambridge audio recommended. Where are the listeners who have experience with Yamaha 300 and 500 series?

how about Onkyo 9030 and 9050? Then mentioning NAD is is worth to save for the C326 50 watt integrated amp? People indicate NAD as warm sound. Is this suitable for classic music? Or do I need more clean sound? How is pioneers budget amp?

What HiFi tested the budget Denon and did not recommend it.

there most be some salesperson on this forum who can advise me from their experience. What do they sell to people?

i understand that speakers also have their own "sound color" and it should be a match between these. but for now only I am only interested in a new amp.

let me know if you have any suggestion.

tnx

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Both the Onkyo A9030 and A9050 got favourable reviews, I think of the two the A9030 has a more 'fuller' sound (the A9050 was commented on as being 'lean' sounding in comparison).

I have heard many good reviews on the Pioneer A30 which is also within budget and well worth a listen.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well the Rotel RA-10 has best budget amp review for this mag. If you want a remote you might want to try something else. Pioneer A30 and Marantz 6004 or 6005 would be my pick.

TRENDING THREADS