Need a decent amp, under £50

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

This is my first post so hello everyone :)

Hoping someone can help me, i'm looking for a decent amp below £50 and was hoping someone could suggest one. I currently have a Yamaha AX-392 which is around 5-6 years old and allthough it plays fine through the speakers when I plug headphones in the right channel works when it feels like it.

Im looking for something that has decent sound though I dont expect too much for below £50.

Oh and I need outputs for 2 sets of speakers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

A

Anonymous

JVC Super-Class A range is what you need. I have a £40 20 year old JVC A-X400 and I'm using it on £400 speakers and its main source is a £400 Arcam CD73 and I couldn't be happier with it. It has ability to power 2 sets of speakers, although i'd watch out on impedence, you need speakers of 8ohms or more (as with most) it is 70watts per channel, it has a built in defeatable 7 band equaliser and it works on Super Class A technology so sound-quality is superb. Go to www.greenhomeelectronics.co.uk for some great deals!

A

Anonymous

If I understand your problem correctly, you're ok with the sound and performance of the Yamaha amp, but want to change it because it plays through one of the speakers occasionally when you've plugged in your headphones, right!?If that's the case, you could also consider buying a headphone amp. (Head room has one for $99: http://www.headphone.com/products/headphone-amps/the-mobile-line/) or you could look for asecond hand one on head-fi or ebay.Alternatively, you could check out if it's worth it to have your amp serviced and/or repaired.

A

Anonymous

I had a Yam AX-400 for years and years and was quite happy with it. Actually got it stuck in the bedroom along with a Denon PMA355uk - you'd be welcome to buy either of these off me for a pittance, but I don't think this sort of thing is allowed on this forum? Also got an Arcam Alpha, but would be hoping to get a but more for that, but not much more...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]2nd hand Rotel as they are well builded and sound good.[/quote][quote user="Thaiman"]2nd hand Rotel as they are well builded and sound good.[/quote]

I have just done exactly that with a rotel ra-820 amp - two pairs of speaker outputs and sounds really nice and detailed. I got a whole separates system for £65, so I would expect you to pay around £25-30 for an original, and maybe up to £50 for a RA-820A.

I've actually sold my Cambridge A5 and kept the 820 as I felt it sounded better!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your suggestions, seems that I will have to up my budget then. Repair could be an option but I cant seem to find anywhere in the Liverpool area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts