Neat Motive 1 vs PMC GB1i vs ... for Linn Majik DS-I in small room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Would appreciate any sound opinions/advice on speakers to pair with Linn Majik DS-i.

I am interested in floorstanders with high WAF and small footprint to deliver great sound at reasonable volume (small room in appartment). There will be positioned close to a wall. Budget: about 1500 pounds.

Mainly listen to jazz, blues, rock, electro, ... I have auditioned and excluded so far most models of the following brands: B&W CM8, Dynaudio xcite 220, Focal, Cabasse, ...

Most preferred so far were Neat Motive 1 and Totem Sttaf ... On paper, PMC GB1i is attractive but no possibility to listen...

Any opinions on listed speakers? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

well i choosed gb1i and listened to around 8 speakers and had home for a demo the cm8 motive 1 and kudos speakers the kudos were very close to the gb1i but the gb1i were totally neutral and and super clear plus more options for adding other speakers in 5.1 if you dont need super low bass then the db1i will suit you they sound alittle bit faster than the gb1i but still the same house sound

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS - please do not promote products you distribute

A

Anonymous

I would be interested in hearing more about the difference between Neat Motive 1 and PMC.

Thanks in advance,

T

sjj:well i choosed gb1i and listened to around 8 speakers and had home for a demo the cm8 motive 1 and kudos speakers the kudos were very close to the gb1i but the gb1i were totally neutral and and super clear plus more options for adding other speakers in 5.1 if you dont need super low bass then the db1i will suit you they sound alittle bit faster than the gb1i but still the same house sound

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I listened to the Neat Motive 2 and PMC gb1i at the end of a supernait and cd5i. Loved the look of the motive 2's which would definately have a high WAF factor.

However, personally I would still go for the gb1i's as -to my ears- they do everything better. More detailed, better controlled bass, sharper defined and wider soundstage.

Listen to them both. It's not small money and a long time investment. Take a listen and you'll know what to choose.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
if your amp can drive them then the pmc's are sublime, the floor standers are miles above the dinkys, i think the bass shunt is controlled better

A

Anonymous

Seems I should go for PMC over the Neat - while I love the Neat look ;-)

SonofSun:

I have home demo'd both of these speaker, and preferred the GB1i's. The Neat motive 2s were a little boomy in my room.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Would you consider a Linn speaker? if so, I would recommend the Linn Majik 140. A little over your budget, but Audio T do have a pair reduced at the moment by about £400. So well worth a listen.

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 i.c. ProAc Studio 130 speakers.

Rich27

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
This could be the killer for you, in my experience the Motive 2's (and I assume the Motive 1's as they are bigger) do not work close to the wall. I would strongly encourage you to audition the Neat's at home if they need to be close to the wall (anything nearer than 30-40cm).

Of course I am biased as I own PMC GB1i's but I did have a pair of Motive 2's for just under a year!

thinline01:

There will be positioned close to a wall. B

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts