Nautilus 805 - Sub advice for Hi-Fi use

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a sub for stereo use for my nautilus 805 s. I am using as amplifier cyrus 8. I believe that the pre-out s would do trick for the sub out... What sub would you suggest to pair with my nautilus (actually would you even suggest to use a sub with it...) I am very worried that it might mess the clarity of the sound if the crossover on the sub doesnt work properly and keeps producing weird punches all the time

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi.

Found your post here, and since i've been in the same situation I thought I'd share my recommendation.

First of all, do you need a sub for 2 channel listening or home theater or would you like one who works with both.

Best sub I've tested for music with my N805 is witout a doubt velodune minivee 8", exellent, fast and more than enough to satisfy all your low frequence need for 2 channel listening.

For home cinema there a multiple choices, SVS, bigger velodynes and REL are good places to start. See if you can borrow one from a friend or a store and test at home to see what fits your needs.

As I was on a budget and needed a sub I could use for both 2ch and movies I went with the XTZ W12. It might lack a bit of pace for serious 2ch, but it's not that far behind the minivee and far cheaper. This is a really good sub for movies as well, lot of punch and wellcontrolled rumbling ! And best of all, it's not really that expensive and you can use the try and buy clause if you decide it's not for you, Though you would have to pay return freight costs to sweden, and this one is a heavy piece of equipment.

I bought mine, and after fiddling with it for a few days, adjusting phase and volume, it's stuck in my living room untill my wife allows me a LOT of money to replace it ;-)

Note: with good recordings on the 805's you don't really need a sub, but for all my 90's metal cds it does wonders.

A

Anonymous

I think i saw a velodyne 800i on ebay the other day, bet that would be a good combo. If you really want to max out, then choose the Eclipse td: http://www.whathifi.com/review/eclipse-td-725sw

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
IMO. Ideally you need something small and powerful with EQ. If you have the budget look at Velodyne SPL 800 Ultra or Paradigm Seismic 110. If these are outside what you wish to spend, look at the BK range (eg. Gemini or XLS200).

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts