admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
;)

Dear All

I am in the final process (saivng up) to get a new Hi-Hi system, I currently have a Rotel RA-02 amp with KEF iQ5se's, and QEDs XT400 cables...

I have now got a DiskStation 210j that acts as a iTunes server, but alas that doesn't go through the Rotel.. So my question is this:

When I upgrade to a Music Server system, shall it be a Cyrus Stream X/8XPd or a Naimuniti, both would do the same thing, but the Naim is an all in one (and no I don't want a BOSE), would the KEF iQ5SEs be able to keep up, or does it have to be Monitors, Splendors, Rega's and the like... I do like the sound of the KEFs a lot, but that may have to do with the Rotel. I listen to a wide range of music - Swing Jazz, Pop, R&B, Hippy Hop, and Rock, I would like to get Vinal in a years time, so I could expand my horizons further..

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The NaimUniti would bring out the best in your KEFs. (In other words, if you like your KEFs now, I think you are going to like them a lot more with the NaimUniti.)

Later on - if you ever chose to upgrade from them - then the 'Uniti will do justice to any of the 'speaker brands you listed and a lot more.

John Duncan

Agreed. I had Diamond 9.1s on the end of mine for quite a while, and whilst the DB1is are a clear step up, the Whafedales did not disgrace themselves. I liked the last KEF iQ series, I'd expect them to sound great on a Uniti (or indeed a Solo Neo, though to me it misses off key functionality). As always, though, Listen Before Purchasing...

TRENDING THREADS