Naim Speakers, CD player and AMP. But what subwoofer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My dad's put his (all Naim) system in a huge room, some of the sound from the Allae speakers get lost in the room. We tested out to see if re-enforcing the sound with my new BK 400XXL would help and the difference was very much there. It was strange but it seemed as even the higher notes were clearer.

My dad has a slightly larger wallet than me, so would you suggest he get a matching n-sub unit or is there something better for that price?

Just thought I'd ask before he got it so I could show him any other choices that are avilable.

Charlie

Evlampi

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Chazn, i`m a great admirer of Naim electronics ... but do not like Naim speakers :) and have listened to almost the whole range ...

So my first advice would be Rel sub ... maybe R505 but still, if your dad likes Naim speakers, try the N sub... the sinergy may be better ...

So Demo is the key :p

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The old Naim Ariva's may hit the spot. (Given that your dad prefers all Naim.)

The are sealed floorstanders with 7" mid/bass driver and another 7" driver just for bass. The specs claim a true response down to 30hz and they have 88db efficiency/sensitivity so should go plenty loud enough.

They were discontinued in 2007 so I am pretty sure a good used pair would work out cheaper than an N-Sub (and leave the Allaes to be sold to offset the cost somewhat.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts