Naim nait xs with Tannoy dc6T?

Tariqv

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've searched all around the net and havent found a similar setup unfortunately. I currently have a Roksan Kandy K2 fed digital music through an M-Dac; I am not happy with the sound as it is closed and non-dynamic. As far as I've read in reviews and people's experience the Naim has speed and an exciting sound to it, which might breathe life into my system.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Note that I am not looking into changing the speakers as I like them and have the surrounds as well.

Jame5

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What music are you listening to and at what volume?

What sounds are not being reproduced to your satisfaction?

If you are using itunes, have you adjusted the various settings in Quicktime?

Tariqv

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I listen to all kinds of music, but the sounds which are not reproduced best are mids, with rock music especially. Most importantly the instruments dont have snap, and hollow, you never feel the music live in your room; this is not what I had been expecting honestly hence I'm looking into upgrading or whatever it takes. The thing is that I dont have the chance to audition as I will buy the equipment abroad.

I use Foobar on a windows 7 laptop and the files are flac 16 bit, 44 khz.

Tariqv said:
I am not happy with the sound as it is closed and non-dynamic. As far as I've read in reviews and people's experience the Naim has speed and an exciting sound to it, which might breathe life into my system.

Note that I am not looking into changing the speakers as I like them and have the surrounds as well.

What are you comparing the Kandy and M-Dac with?

Maybe something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leema-Acoustics-Pulse-/271173849442?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item3f23389162 could fit the bill. Couldn't say for sure though. :p

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Tariqv said:
I've searched all around the net and havent found a similar setup unfortunately. I currently have a Roksan Kandy K2 fed digital music through an M-Dac; I am not happy with the sound as it is closed and non-dynamic. As far as I've read in reviews and people's experience the Naim has speed and an exciting sound to it, which might breathe life into my system.

I would put your question on the Naim forums, there is bound to be people there who have paired Naim with Tannoy, in my experiance they are a helpful lot.................

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Some say the Roksan is a bit laid back.
My system is Rega Brio R, MA RX6 speakers and Audiolab 8200 CD .
This gives a very dynamic detailed sound to my ears. I tried the Tannoys but did no like them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts