Naim Mu-So or Dali Kubik Free 2.0?

Hello,

I was looking for some "cable-less" hi-fi (as much as possible) system and stumbled upon the Naim Mu-So and the Dali Kubik Free's. They will be mainly used for music listening (Spotify) and connected to the TV for some occasional films. The room I will use it in is around 160 sqft (15 m2).

However I have a difficult time choosing between the two, wich one would you recommend? Are there some other options around?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak for the Dali, but I was listening to a Mu-So yesterday...it was OK, but we found that an "all in one" Streamer (eg from Naim), with some Q Acoustic Concept 20s was much more engaging, for a slightly bigger investment.

I only mention this, as the Mu-So is a fair chunk of money and the 3 of us listening all found the soundstage too small.

Apologies if this is taking you away from your goal, but thought it worth mentioning.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
A pair of Sonos Play 1, no other equipment needed as they stream lots of services including spotify.

The only cables are their power leads.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have had some hands on with these speakers and thought them excellent in all respects, not exactly cheap but very well sorted in terms of sound quality and facilities. Bear in mind that they are 'proper' hi-fi speakers and need care with positioning (stands) to be at their best.

The Kubiks have AptX Bluetooth built in, so all you need for a music source would be a reasonable Android tablet. Very simple solution.

If, on the other hand, you are an Apple user and can connect the speakers to your network, The Kef X300 Wireless has Airplay and DLNA, another very simple setup around the same price.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
richardw42 said:
A pair of Sonos Play 1, no other equipment needed as they stream lots of services including spotify.

And how is lip synch when playing back your TV/BD/PVR through the Sonos Play 1s? Does it have an optical input to plug directly into the TV yet?

I've looked into Sonos and it is too limited. I am fussy about having all the correct connectivity and functionality before buying anything.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
richardw42 said:

And how is lip synch when playing back your TV/BD/PVR through the Sonos Play 1s? Does it have an optical input to plug directly into the TV yet?

I've looked into Sonos and it is too limited. I am fussy about having all the correct connectivity and functionality before buying anything.

youre right it doesn't have a line in which is what spoils it for me, but it's about as simple as a system can get

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I can't speak for the Dali, but I was listening to a Mu-So yesterday...it was OK, but we found that an "all in one" Streamer (eg from Naim), with some Q Acoustic Concept 20s was much more engaging, for a slightly bigger investment.

I only mention this, as the Mu-So is a fair chunk of money and the 3 of us listening all found the soundstage too small.

Apologies if this is taking you away from your goal, but thought it worth mentioning.

My impression exactly on brief aquaintance. Lively, bassy, clear but confined sound. Great design and fantastic for a small room (bedroom?) or easy portability around the house.

rainsoothe

if you like your neighbours, for a 15 sq m room standmounts are very sufficient - i mean i used to have Martin Logan Motion 40 floorstanders in 16 sqm room, and the bass would overpower. If I were you, I would seriously consider Onkyo C-N7050 with Cambridge Audio CXA60 (and use the dac in the CA, Onkyo as disk spinner and network player) + a pair of Focal Aria 906 / XTZ 93.23mkII (these compete with much much more expensive speakers) / Quad 11L / Kef R300 or, if you really want floorstanders, Q Acoustics 3050.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts