NAIM Mu So keeps can t be found on app

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the bad grammer , certain keys on my PC are not responding!

Got the Naim Mu So and using the offical Mu So app on iPhone 6 with latest uodate on both. It seems to work, but I found that the app sometimes doesn't find the Mu So system! I then have to reset the Mu So and set up the app to find it again. When the app can t find the system, there is no radio pre sets on on the system that I previously put on, The LED still remains white on the side of the MuSO. I do have drop outs on wifi, but would have thought the Mu So would be found once the wifi is running again without needing to do a reset!

Once the system is set up again, with the app finding it, the presets remain as they where before, as with the radio stations. Is this a problem with the system, app, or both, or maybe wifi dropping

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It's either needing the latest firmware (the Muso) or your router is pants. The app looks for the 'Bonjour' service from the Muso (and other Naim streamers) and if this service is not showing on the network then the app wont connect. My router (some Technicolor thing) was flaky with this and I bought an Apple Airport Express and now have no problems.

If you have an iThing look for Network Analyzer in the app store and scan your home network when everything is switched on.

It should find everything including the Muso and it will say if it's advertising the 'Bonjour' service or not. No Bonjour, no connection with app.

Any time my iPad app couldn't find my UnitiQute 2 I scanned with Network Analyzer and everytime the 'Bonjour' service wasn't there. In the end I updated the firmware on the UQ 2 and bought the Airport Express and no longer have this problem. If I switch my iPad back onto my ISP routers network it loses the Bonjour now and again so I keep it on the Apple Airport network.

My network is basically my ISP router, into a Netgear switch and the Apple Airport Express is also plugged into this switch with everything else on my network plugged into the switch. My iPad connect to the Airport Express now rather than my routers wifi as it did before. No problemo's now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts