Naim Din.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Read a comment recently that owning a Naim CD player and not using the Din connection is like having a Ferrari and having it parked in the garage? Really? Is using the Din that much better than the RCA? They have been using this type of connection for a long time, so they rate it highly, but is it head and shoulders over the RCA? All Naim users out their...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Using my Naim amp and CD player (and tuner) all connected with the standard, 'provided in the box' Naim 5 pin DIN interconnects is the optimum way to use them.

RCAs are now provided for convenience to allow easy connection to non-Naim equipment, but if the system is all Naim then why not connect it exactly how it was designed?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
chebby:
Using my Naim amp and CD player (and tuner) all connected with the standard, 'provided in the box' Naim 5 pin DIN interconnects is the optimum way to use them.

RCAs are now provided for convenience to allow easy connection to non-Naim equipment, but if the system is all Naim then why not connect it exactly how it was designed?

It seems to be the case after some scouting around.

There are some positive captive impedance and grounding issues with the Din connection that Naim like this is why its their cable of choice.

The reason for my post really is based on the OP's comment about Ferraris! I've never owned a Naim unit (yet) and was wondering going on those comments if it was worth it if mixing with other brands. If they are to be true then the only way to have a Naim CDP is to have a Naim system. Really my OP should of been 'can you use Naim with other brands'

Thats tiredness for ya!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
People have always used Naim components with other manufacturers, it's just that in the good old days people used 5 pin din to 2 phono cables. I've never really come across any serious mismatches - it's all down to personal preference.

A

Anonymous

Does a DIN to Phono Cable make a difference over a Phono-Phono Connection? (nait 5i and a Caspian CD player)

TRENDING THREADS