Naim CD5i mark 2 and pre power combo

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
WOW is all i can say to my new system comprising the Naim cd5i mark 2 player and nap150x and nac122x. The sound is so good I am listening to aall my heavy metal cds again. Yes my Linn Classik with Klout was amazing for lighter music but this is for pure rock. Am saving for a flatcap and hoping this will add something extra. Maybe a cdx2 soon also.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
B&W 705 - AWESOME - Reminds me of my Alessandro headphones which is a great thing - In your face and punchy.

What would be next logical step -???? Would you reccommend a flatcap2x

A

Anonymous

[quote user="rich51080"]

What would be next logical step -???? Would you reccommend a flatcap2x
[/quote]

Sorry can't say, I havn't ever heard a Naim apart from at shows...I'm not one for power upgrades, but looking at the sparse ones some of the Naims have integrated, I would say it would be a viable improvement!

Oh, and those 705s are good arn't they! : ) I think I'm gonna go for a pair of 805S next upgrade...havn't heard them yet, but if they are as good as they say, I can't wait!

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I compared my 705 to 805 and there is not that much difference. More bass and slightly better treble but the resolution and timing are same to my ears.

I have had them 4 years and i think i will have them same time again. Highly rated speakers.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="rich51080"]
I compared my 705 to 805 and there is not that much difference. More bass and slightly better treble but the resolution and timing are same to my ears.
[/quote]

Wow, I might not have to spend the extra £700 then! Are they power hungry, my Arcam's a bit weedy so I'm gonna get a Krell KAV or similar (my mate's getting one too) for the next speakers.

Did you try any other speakers when you tried the 705s or any other amps for that matter?

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
When i cma to buying my Naim setup I tried my B&W 705 against the Dali mentor 2, Monitor audio and also a pair of Tannoys . The B&W owned then big time. Thats my view. I love my sound in your face so may not suit your style - For rock music it is perfect,

Saving for cdx2 now :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts