Naim CD5i-2 Display problem...

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Im new on this forum...

I have a Naim CD5i-2 with a Nait 5i-2.

I have a query regarding the display which is affecting the playback of CDs.

When I set the display to "off" from the remote, to turn off the display and button illumination after it displays the track no. the player skips a fraction of a second of playback when the display goes off. That is to say, that when it illuminates for 5 seconds to show the track no., when it turns off automatically, it skips the part of the music, just for the fraction of a second. This also happens when I toggle the display options from the remote, to show track, time and off, it skips when going off.

Now this does not happen often, sometimes it happens with the first song or sometimes after 3 hours of constant playback, sometimes for a series of songs and sometimes only one song and then it doesn't. But it's noticeable alright.

The player is absolutely fine when I keep the display on.

Happens with a variety of CDs, absolutely clean and unscratched or very mildly scratched, nothing too hard to read.

Checked the power cord and supply, everything is fine

Done a system reset thrice, but the problem still persists

Since the problem is only with the display off and not otherwise, that too only sometimes, I didn't feel the need to go to my dealer yet. Any thoughts anyone?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Take it to your dealer to send off to Naim for repair. Presumably it's still covered by them (and by Naim for 5 years if you registered it with them).

It won't get better by itself.

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The dealer's in another town, I want to be extremely sure that there is a "fault" before I take it to him, it happened before that I thought there was something wrong with my amp and it turned out that every single model was shipped with that property in the amplifier built in, it wasnt a fault because it was there in every amplifier. That was an odd case, but I just want to be completely certain...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I had the CD5i-2 and Nait 5i-2 for two years and never experienced what you have described despite - often - using it with display off.

If it's doing it with clean, new disks then it's a fault.

You don't have to 'prove' it to a salesman. He simply needs to accurately write down the details of the problem and send it on to Naim for repair. If he gets in the way or tries to obstruct you having a repair done then moan like hell to Naim.

TRENDING THREADS