Question Naim 5Si and Sonus Faber Lumina II 4 Ohm speakers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 195594
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 195594

Hi,

I'm looking at possible future speaker upgrades, but need to know, as in the post title, would the Naim Nait 5Si have enough power to run 4 Ohm speakers and do them justice, specifically the Sonus Faber Lumina II, possibly the Sonetto I.

Both SF models have lowish sensitivity, 86 and 87db respectively.

I have a small dedicated room 12x11ft with a large bay at one end. I listen at about 2.25m from my current speakers.

Thanks very much

Regards

L

Hi,

I'm looking at possible future speaker upgrades, but need to know, as in the post title, would the Naim Nait 5Si have enough power to run 4 Ohm speakers and do them justice, specifically the Sonus Faber Lumina II, possibly the Sonetto I.

Both SF models have lowish sensitivity, 86 and 87db respectively.

I have a small dedicated room 12x11ft with a large bay at one end. I listen at about 2.25m from my current speakers.

Thanks very much

Regards

L
The Naim will have no trouble driving these speakers. However best audition them to see whether they suit your room, your seating position is a little too close to the speakers for my liking.
The Lumina 2 are apparently very good but what they are like as nearfield monitors / speakers I don't know.
Both your speakers are base-ported which will help matters.

D

Deleted member 195594

The Naim will have no trouble driving these speakers. However best audition them to see whether they suit your room, your seating position is a little too close to the speakers for my liking.
The Lumina 2 are apparently very good but what they are like as nearfield monitors / speakers I don't know.
Both your speakers are base-ported which will help matters.
Thanks very much AI ears, good to know my 5Si would run the SF speakers.

Unfortunately, my go-to dealer doesn't stock SF, the nearest dealer is a 140mile round trip, and getting there is an issue, so I may have to take a punt if I do decide to go with the Sonus Faber.

I do like what I've read re: sound character, and as you've mentioned, the bass port, I think, at least on paper would be ideal for my room.

Thanks again, much appreciated

L

Thanks very much AI ears, good to know my 5Si would run the SF speakers.

Unfortunately, my go-to dealer doesn't stock SF, the nearest dealer is a 140mile round trip, and getting there is an issue, so I may have to take a punt if I do decide to go with the Sonus Faber.

I do like what I've read re: sound character, and as you've mentioned, the bass port, I think, at least on paper would be ideal for my room.

Thanks again, much appreciated

L
No problem, perhaps the SF dealer might let you have a home trial?
You might have to pay return postage if they don't work but that's better than nothing.

D

Deleted member 195594

I used to own the Naim 5i. It was 50 watts, as compared to the 60 watts of your 5si. It is plenty powerful enough to drive 4ohm speakers. I had it paired with Sonus Faber Venere 2.0s, and it drove them very easily, and very loud!

Thanks Surly Sid,

That's a great confirmation 👍

Much appreciated

Reactions: Surly Sid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts