NAD3020A with Wharfedale Diamond SW150 sub

t184m

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Wharfedale SW150 sub, which has both stereo line level and RCA level inputs/outputs. I would like to connect this to a NAD 3020A amp.

Which option would be best?:

A) Connect audio device via interconnects normally to the amplifier. Use a seperate interconnect from the pre-out of the amp to go into the RCA in of the sub. Another interconnet from the RCA out of the sub to the main-in of the amp.

B) Connect audio device to the RCA in of the sub. Connect RCA output of the sub to the normal device input (CD/aux, etc) of the amp.

C) Connect speaker out to high level input of the sub and high level output to the speakers.

Do let me know why each option is good/bad.

Thanks!

bebelacus

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am not sure if your amp is a digital one. I purchased a BK subwoofer sometime ago and i remember the BK guys saying a few words of warning about connecting thei active class AB sub to a digital amplifier.
I have not enough technical understanding but my advice is to stop any connection attempt and contact either Wharfedale or NAD support. i dont knkw NAD but Wharfedale guys are very nice, quick answering and straight to the point. Write them at this address and you will get a quick, reliable answer: Steve.Hughes@iaguk.co.uk

The guys at NAD should also be available and know their stuff pretty good.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Assuming your sub has stereo in and stereo out (pass through) then option A will be the best option.

Just checked, it does so this is the way forward.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts