NAD D3020 vs TEAC AI-101DA

someone_great

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I would really appreciate som help choosing between these two amps. I am looking for something small with Bluetooth connectivity to power a pair of Totem Mite.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/D-3020-Hybrid-Digital-Amplifier

http://www.teac-audio.eu/en/products/ai-101da-120651.html

Cheers

someone_great

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Reijer said:
Welcome to the forum!

3 questions:

1. Have you auditioned both (any) amps?

2. What is your budget?

3. What do you mean with small?

Thanks!

Ive listened to the TEAC but it was with a pair of speakers i'd never heard before. I was auditioning the speakers rather than the amp.

I'd say my budget is about 400 pounds.

By small i simply mean the footprint. Both of these are about half the size of your regular amp.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
You can take your gear to your hifi-store and find out for yourself what is best. Nobody can determine that for you.

Minx Xi is also an option if you stretch your budget. Litte bit more power and internetradio.

someone_great

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Reijer said:
You can take your gear to your hifi-store and find out for yourself what is best. Nobody can determine that for you.

Minx Xi is also an option if you stretch your budget. Litte bit more power and internetradio.

I wish I could do that but it's not an option unfortunately.

I'm asking if someone knowledgable could take a look at the specsheets and tell me which one looks better on paper. Or if someone happens to have experience with either.

Cheers

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, can't help you with that.

Not much experience and don't know your speakers.

If you tell us about the room where the magic is gonna happen and the sources you are using, mayby someone could help you with some advice.

All the best.

TRENDING THREADS