Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
NAD D 3020
smiley-wink.gif

mattmc

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to see this as part of a group test. Something like:

Nad D 3020

Marantz 6005

Rotel RA-11

Onkyo A9050

matthewpiano

Very interesting. I'd love to hear this new NAD driving my Dali Zensor 3s. I reckon this could be the next step for my system. As long as the sound is as the review states, this is far more exciting than the new Marantz PM6005.

matthewpiano

manicm said:
I agree, the new Marantz seems to be a non-event.

The lack of USB input is a huge error IMO. Even if it was £400 but it had USB and an extra optical input it would make much more sense.

Manufacturers have to start getting the connectivity right on their amps. I think most people are likely to want digital and analogue inputs these days and I'd say USB for direct connection from a computer is a must-have, as well as the optical and co-axial digital connectivity.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Matthew,

please check the new Yamaha R-N500 stereo receiver. I thnik that this stereo receiver has the digital and USB connectivity that you mentioned and that it should be implemented soon in new equipment by other brands.

cheers Dalwen

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Well, I read the review and was dissapointed to read that the Rotel RA-10 still sounds better. (I know it's only the opinion of the reviewer but still....he knows what he is talking about ;) )

I wonder how the new Marantz PM6005 sounds.............. :)

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I don't like the Rotel sound either but I expected this to be better than most budget amps. I have a feeling it sounds like a NAD C326BEE and there's nothing wrong with that but maybe I expected too much...................

But I'm going to listen for myself if I have the chance......

matthewpiano

Cypher said:
Well, I read the review and was dissapointed to read that the Rotel RA-10 still sounds better. (I know it's only the opinion of the reviewer but still....he knows what he is talking about ;) )

I wonder how the new Marantz PM6005 sounds.............. :)

Probably much the same as the PM6004. Don't think they've changed much apart from adding the DAC.

matthewpiano

I had been toying with the idea of the NAD but the more I listen to my system and the more I think about it, the less keen I am. I really do think the Denon PMA720AE and Pioneer's A30 are the under-rated gems of the affordable amplifier world.

I think, in the end, I will probably just add a decent DAC to my system and stick with the Denon as the urge to change it gets ever tinier every time I play music through it.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Disappointing review. Well, disappointing verdict, not the review itself lol. Think if I ever change my gear I'm still sold on the idea of sticking to my favourite two amp brands, either Marantz or Cyrus. And seeing that I won't ever be able to afford a new Cyrus, then Marantz it will be. That is, if they ever join us in the 21st century and put a bloody USB socket on an amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts