NAD, Cambridge Audio or Marantz ?

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Amplifiers I am considering; NAD 320BEE; CA Azur 340ASE; PM4001.
CD Players; NAD 525 BEE; CA Azur 340C; 5002.
Speakers; Wharfedale diamond 9.5; mission 33i.

Please suggest amp+cd+speaker.

Thanx a TON.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
This is a tricky one mate firs lets start of buy saying if you can listem to them first we all like different music and will prefer different products..I am confident any product from NAD, Marantz or cambridge audio will not dissapoint you they seem to have the budget hi-fi market sorted..

i guess if you look at what hi fi buying guide and use that to guide you....
I have auditioned the above and got the NAD but take your time shop around....AND when you get you kit after spending all that money get you self some proper cables you dont have to spend loads but they do make a huge difference hope this helps mate.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
it's good you have narrowed it down to three makes,the nad is good as is marantz and you should be able to find a dealer where you can audition these two together.the cambridge gear can be auditioned at richer sounds if they have a demo room and i believe they stock marantz,not so sure about nad.rob is right in saying all three would not disappoint but it will come down to a demo with your own music.good luck,gregory.

matthewpiano

As said already, only your ears can decide. These are probably the three top budget manufacturers at present, all with their own sound. I'm personally a Marantz fan and don't get along with Cambridge Audio, but you could be completely opposite to this. Whichever you choose you get an awful lot of product for your money and the gap between the entry level and the next step up isn't as dramatic as many people like to make out.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I auditioned this combo; Azur 320ASE+Azur 320C+Mordaunt Short Avant 906i; sounded very very nice; with diamond 9.5; good bass, but Avant was impressive.

Please give your valuable comments. Thanx.

matthewpiano

There is only really one question now really. Which did YOU prefer? Was there anything missing that you want to look for by auditioning other electronics or did one of these combinations satisfy you? If it did, its wallet time. If you are not sure, more auditioning beckons.

A

Anonymous

The PM4001 is good value for money and sounds very good at its price tag £120 & try the CD 5001 just like the 4001 good value for money i haven't heard what any of the speakers sound like so can not comment on them, but for £240 for amp and cd you should be impressed.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I know this is a silly question in a sense, as i should demo stuff (and will do at some stage), but can someone give any hint as to the characteristic Marantz sound, in comparison to CA and NAD (which i have heard recent budget offereings from).

A

Anonymous

Vinod I'm James. I was recently in the market for some quality budget hi-fi just like you.

There were two setups I looked at:

1. NAD 325BBE Amplifier, NAD 525BBE CD Player with Monitor Audio BR2s Speakers

2. Marantz 4001PM Amplifier, Marantz CD5001 with Mordaunt Short 902i Speakers

I choose the NAD combo and I'm very happy. I think I've got great value for money. I mean if I spent less I would have got a crappy micro system with the exception of that Onkyo one. But if I spent more I would have only have got a marginal improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts