NAD C565 with Squeezebox

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im still weighing up all the options and was wondering if anyone has, or if its even possible to, play the squeezebox through the NADs digital input taking advantage of its DAC? From what I can gather the DAC has a similar performance to CAs Dacmagic.

I know CAs 740/840c can operate like this but would be good to know if the NAD can or cannot.

A

Anonymous

Excellent! Do you know how it performs up against other DACs like the Dacmagic? As far as I can tell it was using the same Wolfson stuff as the Dacmagic. I also read of someone getting ipod connectivity via the usb port as well as remote control (although limited) which is also very interesting but I assume it would only be capable with MP3s and not Apple Lossless which I will soon be bumping the majority of my library up to.

Looks like I may end up making a complete u-turn on the whole system update front though. It's all swings and roundabouts!

daveh75

J0n35y:

Excellent! Do you know how it performs up against other DACs like the Dacmagic? As far as I can tell it was using the same Wolfson stuff as the Dacmagic. No idea tbh,as i haven't heard it!J0n35y: I also read of someone getting ipod connectivity via the usb port as well as remote control (although limited) which is also very interesting According to Nad's website the usb port support's usb pen drive's and HDD formatted in FAT 16/32 format, so wouldn't rely on it being ipod compatible.J0n35y: I assume it would only be capable with MP3s and not Apple Lossless which I will soon be bumping the majority of my library up to.Again according to Nad's site, the usb only support's mp3 upto 320kbps/vbr.

A

Anonymous

Thought as much and thanks for the info. I reckon the guy who "reviewed" the unit probably referred to his sons mp3 player as an iPod in error and got muddled up a bit. Still a very handy function though.

Hopefully someone on the forum will have an opinion on the dac! The net seems pretty devoid of C565 dac and external dac comparisions!

Thanks again though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts