NAD C541 cd-tray problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dug out my old cd-player from a cupboard in my bedroom where it has been store in its original packaging for a couple of years. Can’t get it to work – it makes a mechanical noise but the tray won’t open. I guess it should be safe to have a look inside but I wonder if this is something I could fix myself?

John Duncan

Probably - it could be pretty obvious - same happened with my denon mini three-tray thingie, and I could see that something in the mechanism was getting stuck - bit of vaseline sorted it out. As it were.

Edit - since you'll want to try and see what it does with the power on and the cover off, the usual caveats about electricity being quite dangerous apply. Unplug, switch on and off, leave for ten minutes. Rubber is your friend. As it were.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I'll second that. Having had a few 240v moments, I can throughly recommend you avoid them.

Check for dust build up while you are in there, and if poss vacuum it out before applying the grease/vaseline...

I'm a novice at taking hifi apart, but managed to replace the drawer mechanism on my Alpha 6 without issue (or instructions) so it shouldn't be too tricky. Just remember that if something takes more than a little force to remove it, it probably isn't meant to be removed in that method
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts