NAD C521BEE issue help!!!!

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
As its not under warranty I would open it up and try to clean the lens. Maybe take it to a mate who knows electronics. There are some decent budget players out there that don't cost a fortune. Unless you can do it cheaply it would be worthwhile going for a new one.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Blackdawn said:
As its not under warranty I would open it up and try to clean the lens. Maybe take it to a mate who knows electronics. There are some decent budget players out there that don't cost a fortune. Unless you can do it cheaply it would be worthwhile going for a new one.

Ok i will give the lens cleaning option a go thanks

Just out of interest what would you recommend as a replacement?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Hi all, my NAD cd player will not play any discs at all - on the display it says 'no disc' any tips on a fix? Thanks in advance peeps

To be honest it sounds like it needs a new cd 'mech'. In theory this should not be all that difficult or expensive to fix but these days 'mechs' can be hard to come by and a lot of service centres charge serious money.

The new Nad player costs £249 in the UK, you could easily spend half, or more than that on a repair perhaps not a good idea.

If you are happy to have another brand, Richer Sound have a choice of models around £150.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
knaithrover said:
Hi all, my NAD cd player will not play any discs at all - on the display it says 'no disc' any tips on a fix? Thanks in advance peeps

To be honest it sounds like it needs a new cd 'mech'. In theory this should not be all that difficult or expensive to fix but these days 'mechs' can be hard to come by and a lot of service centres charge serious money.

The new Nad player costs £249 in the UK, you could easily spend half, or more than that on a repair perhaps not a good idea.

If you are happy to have another brand, Richer Sound have a choice of models around £150.

So in your opinion it's not the lens?

Deffo wouldnt be interested in spending much on a repair as the player only cost me £60.....

Must admit i do like to go second hand to get more bang for my buck but maybe not such a great idea with cd players

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
When you put the disc in does it try to spin up or is there no noise at all from the mechanism? As the cleaning of the lens is free, might as well give it a go. Probably plenty of YouTube videos explaining how to clean the CD lens.

I wouldn't go second hand with CD players although plenty do. They are fairly cheap new. Such as Onkyo's C-7030, Denon DCD720AE, Yamha CD300

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
knaithrover said:
davedotco said:
knaithrover said:

So in your opinion it's not the lens?

Deffo wouldnt be interested in spending much on a repair as the player only cost me £60.....

Must admit i do like to go second hand to get more bang for my buck but maybe not such a great idea with cd players

CD mechs are integrated all in one devices, if something fails, such as the servo that focuses the lense, it is not repairable, you have to replace the mech. The chances that it is a dirty lens causing failure on this level is slim, though try it by all means.

In theory you should be able to identify the mech, buy a replacement quite cheaply and get it fitted by anyone with even basic skills, I am no electronic engineer but it is pretty simple, even to me.

The practicalities are such that it is probably more trouble than it is worth, buy a nice new replacement for around £150.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
knaithrover said:

More than likely just a failed laser, your CD player uses one of the most common laser's. Just buy one of eBay, item number 251380468072, it will take you about 20 mins to fit and away you go for £4.20 (If you want to make life slightly easier you can buy the laser with motors etc for £10ish).

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
eggontoast said:
knaithrover said:

More than likely just a failed laser, your CD player uses one of the most common laser's. Just buy one of eBay, item number 251380468072, it will take you about 20 mins to fit and away you go for £4.20 (If you want to make life slightly easier you can buy the laser with motors etc for £10ish).

well worth a try for a tenner!!!! If that doesn't work i will buy a new un.......with warranty

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If your gonna buy a complete mech with motors etc, you will need to get the part number off the original one. It will be something like KSM213CCM or CDM etc if you replace just the laser it will be the one I linked too.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
eggontoast said:
If your gonna buy a complete mech with motors etc, you will need to get the part number off the original one. It will be something like KSM213CCM or CDM etc if you replace just the laser it will be the one I linked too.

Will do, thanks for the advice m8

TRENDING THREADS