NAD C515BEE CD player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've read the review of this player and it clearly is an excellent performer, however I am concerned by one thing that is mentioned in the review - the player's ability with timing / rhythm. It seems that the reviewer is less impressed with the timing and rhythmic abilities of this player than they are with it's other areas. The thing is, I really like the look of this player and it is definitely on my shortlist alongside it's amplifier sibling, but I would like to know how much of an issue the timing is. Is timing really lacking with this player, or is it slightly less impressive than some of the competion? Is the timing going to be a major issue for someone who does value timing and rhythm, or is it only a tad bit lacking when compared with the tough competition?

Also, please could someone suggest some speakers that would go well with the NAD C515BEE and the NAD C315BEE? Thankyou very much.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="BenjaminHart"]
I've read the review of this player and it clearly is an excellent performer, however I am concerned by one thing that is mentioned in the review - the player's ability with timing / rhythm. It seems that the reviewer is less impressed with the timing and rhythmic abilities of this player than they are with it's other areas. The thing is, I really like the look of this player and it is definitely on my shortlist alongside it's amplifier sibling, but I would like to know how much of an issue the timing is. Is timing really lacking with this player, or is it slightly less impressive than some of the competion? Is the timing going to be a major issue for someone who does value timing and rhythm, or is it only a tad bit lacking when compared with the tough competition?

Also, please could someone suggest some speakers that would go well with the NAD C515BEE and the NAD C315BEE? Thankyou very much.
[/quote]

Hey Benjamin. I had an NAD cdp and amp and couldn't fault them for the money. I think most players in this price range will have some issues here and there (as will all cdps in any price category) when compared to the highest standards. If you worry then i'd take a few cds down to the dealer and see if u find the timing with the NAD a problem with the music you listen too. Better still compare it to others like the CA 340c and the Marantz cd5001. Personally id go NADs everytime!! The monitor audio BR2 would probably be a good match or the B+W 685s if can stretch that far. I had the B+W 602s3 running with NAD kit and was sooooooooooo happy! lets us know what u do!

A

Anonymous

I find this 'timing' comment a bit strange. Did the reviewer use a metronome before passing judgement? I doubt you, I or anyone else would find fault with the cdp but demo it all the same.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="BenjaminHart"]

[/quote]

BH, dont worry, its a great player (so is the matching amplifier) and timing is pretty much spot on. I dont listen to much budget hifi but when I heard these two I was pleasantly surprised. I use Keb Mo as regular test disc and believe me, the NAD's sounded just fine and are great if you dont want huge boxes. I've heard them with NAD's own standmounts which, at the time, were around £150 if I remember right but as good as they sounded, there's no reason not to partner them with better speakers such as epos or a cheaper one, perhaps Tannoy's F1 custom, which seems to get good reviews at the moment. Go listen for yourself and make your own mind up.

A

Anonymous

Further more to add weight to the B & W partnership with your NAD i run a pair of 601 S2's with my NAD 320BEE and its sublime, they really compliment each other superbly.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou everyone for your replies!

Wild Willy, the significance of timing is that it's what determines the hifi's ability to have you involuntarily tapping your feet! Players that don't latch onto a rhythm so well will sound less exiting, so timing and rhythm are certainly important qualities in a cd player.

Having read everyone's advice though, I feel confident that the NAD is capable in this department, and I will certainly be auditioning it alongside other players from Marantz and Cambridge Audio. However I think I will be biased towards the NAD cd player and the matching NAD amp because they just look so cool in titanium grey!

I will let you all know how I get on. Also, Wild Willy it should be noted that my musical tastes include, among many other genres, drum & bass and dance music, so this may be why I might find timing to be of greater importance than it is to some people.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="BenjaminHart"]Also, Wild Willy it should be noted that my musical tastes include, among many other genres, drum & bass and dance music, so this may be why I might find timing to be of greater importance than it is to some people[/quote]

Now he tells us
emotion-1.gif

The NAD's should be ok but dont forget its a small amplifier best used with small speakers in small'ish rooms.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts