NAD C355BEE V.S. YAMAHA AS500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have Monitor Audio RX2 and I don't now what amplifier is best for me. I am going to play music from Asus Xonar STX and I would like to enjoy 192/24 files. I like detail sound as well as the controled and precise bass. My speakers goes up to 35KHz but NAD goes up to 20 KHz and that's what worries me. Please some expert help me, urgent... :(

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
We humans can only hear sound between 20 and 20000Hz, at young age. The maximum high frequency one can hear drops off with age.
So unless you're 10 years old or a dog (or a bat,...), hearing anything above 20000Hz is impossible.

The dB drop at a certain frequency is more important than the maximum frequency range that's given by the manufacturer.
I bet that monitor audio uses a + or - 3dB (or maybe even +/- 6dB) specification to get to the frequency range of up to 35kHz, where the nad amp will be something like + or - 0.5dB.

So to make things easy: take your speakers and go listen to some amps. If you want bass, the nad should be the first one on you list.
I didn't get a chance to audition the yamaha yet, but alot of members here like it.

Oh and one more thing: if you want to enjoy high quality audio files, you might want to change to a usb/optical DAC instead of using a pc audio card.

A

Anonymous

OK, but generaly what is better sound(details, dynamics, controled bass) ? I like listening to Jazz, Acid Jazz, Trip Hop, Ambiental, Rock...

miljan:OK, but generaly what is better sound(details, dynamics, controled bass) ? I like listening to Jazz, Acid Jazz, Trip Hop, Ambiental, Rock...

This is the perfect scenario for an audition.

Not heard the Yam but the Nad, generally speaking, tends to veer towards bass heavy side, especially with RX range of MA speakers, which have, so I'm told, similar traits.

Only you can decide which one is the 'bees knees'.

A

Anonymous

I know that is the best way but I am not in a position to test those combinations :( so I'm hoping someone has experience with these amps... These amps are very common today and there should be peole with experiences.

A

Anonymous

Not heard the new Yamaha range but my old Yamaha amp works brilliantly with my RX6s. I'd have thought the bass heavy NAD sound might not suit the RX range that well but not heard the combination.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I am using NAD C355BEE with my MA RX1. It has been rightly pointed out that this combination may generate excessive bass if they are not properly controlled, such as correct placement of speakers. However I am alright with the setup as I use acoustic material in my room to control the bass which has proved to be very successful. Install bass traps at your room corners and you will be amazed by the great improvement in bass control. (search e-bay for "bass traps" and you will find the material you want)

Now I am very happy with the sound quality and the bass is not excessive and is firm and clear.

As to the overall sound quality produced by the combination I can only say they are great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts