NAD C355BEE or C356BEE

A

Anonymous

Thanks 352's only got 1 speaker output. Looks like my set up might needs an expensive dress :(

I'll stick with the 355 though!

A

Anonymous

The NAD C355BEE is a superb amp and TBH there's not a lot of difference betwen it and the C356BEE; I'd go with the C355BEE and save some £££
smiley-cool.gif

The C355BEE isnt just the NAD C352 in a posh frock
smiley-undecided.gif
it's a very good amp indeed. The C352 was a superb amp (I should know I had 2 in my time) but the C355BEE just refined the noisey treble that the C352 had at times but kept the solid, deep but well timed bass and superbly detailed midrange

hifilover1979 said:
The NAD C355BEE is a superb amp and TBH there's not a lot of difference betwen it and the C356BEE; I'd go with the C355BEE and save some £££
smiley-cool.gif

The C355BEE isnt just the NAD C352 in a posh frock
smiley-undecided.gif
it's a very good amp indeed. The C352 was a superb amp (I should know I had 2 in my time) but the C355BEE just refined the noisey treble that the C352 had at times but kept the solid, deep but well timed bass and superbly detailed midrange

If they "just refined the noisey treble" then I'm right. Pretty much the same amp in a posh frock...

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for the input. A loose/noisy treble can sometimes kill some songs. But that said I would probably still consider the 326 if it wasn’t for the restrictive single output (the 355 is going to push my budget).

Thanks again guys.

Just a foot note - please don’t argue for the sake of my question, I will take any and all opinions into consideration and judge on merit of the argument. Even personal preferences interest me. Knowledge is power, the more I hear the more I know and opinions of the masses are always a good way to go (especially masses as well informed as people on these forums).

sam90heywood said:
Thanks guys for the input. A loose/noisy treble can sometimes kill some songs. But that said I would probably still consider the 326 if it wasn’t for the restrictive single output (the 355 is going to push my budget).

Thanks again guys.

Just a foot note - please don’t argue for the sake of my question, I will take any and all opinions into consideration and judge on merit of the argument. Even personal preferences interest me. Knowledge is power, the more I hear the more I know and opinions of the masses are always a good way to go (especially masses as well informed as people on these forums).

No we won't. I quite like some of Nad's amps - almost purchased the 352 a few years ago, but the welter of bass and lack of a phono stage was the main reason for plumping for Arcam instead. I admire Hifilover or anyone who's loyal to their favoured brands. That show passion. I love some Arcam amps and Leema Pulse, proving we all have individual tastes and preferred makes. Great. Back to the price disparity, yeah, a slightly loose treble does spoil certain music. Is that enough to justify a £350 price hike? I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't buy it on that basis. I had the same issue with Arcam 3 years ago, A70. They smoothed the bass out but somehow lost something in the process. In some areas it was an improvement over the A65+, but not so good to part with £550.

A

Anonymous

Have a look on Google shopping. The 355 is now cheeper than the 352...

The 355 is now around the £400 mark new, and £300 on eBay (as-new).

A

Anonymous

The NAD C352 and C355BEE intergrated amps are no longer made so can only be bought 2nd hand via the likes of eBay or other hifi related forums OR ex-demo (NAD C355BEE)

FYI the C355BEE amp crops up on eBay fairly regulary; about £250 to £300 should be about right

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts