NAD C320BEE vs Marantz PM6010 KI

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

Although I only just changed my amp from a Cambridge Audio A5 to the C320BEE, I've seen a good buy on the PM6010 KI (shouldnt cost to buy this and sell the NAD) and wondering how people think the amps compare?

I've seen quite a few posts saying the sound is really clear on the Marantz and switching over to a NAD would loose detail?

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

T

the record spot

Couldn't tell you on the NAD, but the 6010KI is a stormer - good with all kinds of music, I've had mine for nearly a decade now. Power, detail, highly musical, I can listen to it for hours.

A

Anonymous

If PM6010Ki is anything like 7001Ki, I'd say go for it.

I saw one online for £120.

A

Anonymous

Jazzy, the thing to bear in mind particularly as you mention feeling the bass drum should be more prominent, is that in for instance rock music, the vocals should be heard first, then the guitar and then really you should hear the bass drum but it shouldn't stand out too much, if it did, then it would interfere with the other sounds.

Clearly for instance the drum beat is going to be much more prevalent on a rap recording than a rock recording for the reasons I just mentioned. For instance rap will contain the vocals, followed by a looped sample which sits itself between the drum pattern and the and the vocals and therefore this does make the bass drum more prominent. I am not trying to dissuade you, in fact this amp might be just the ticket for you but I do get the feeling the NAD is amplifying the music in the way in which it was intended to be heard. However if you can buy and sell for around the same price, then go for it, don't stick with something if you are dissatisfied with it

A

Anonymous

Hi hi fi newbie

I know I kept going on about the bass, etc. Having had the NAD for longer now and after demoing the other speakers, it made me like my current set up more. Everything is really nice.

The reason for me thinking of this "upgrade" is more because I have the DacMagic now (to try) and so far I cannot hear much difference between it or the iPod (playing lossless). So had thought maybe the amp isnt revealing enough.

Is the Marantz an upgrade or a side step?

A

Anonymous

Rightyo you may find the Marantz gives you more punch. I would recommend going to your local dealer and trying out a few other amps to. As far as the Dac Magic is concerned, I can't really give you an opinion having near heard it, but what is the Dac Magic connected to?

In terms of the words upgrade or side step, clearly this is subjective, any particular component regardless of whether it maybe even costs less may be quite the upgrade.

A

Anonymous

Marantz should be more revealing than 325BEE, but I haven't heard this particular amp so I am going with the experience of my 7001 Ki. I can certainly tell massive difference between ipod and my DacMagic.

A

Anonymous

I have a NAD C320BEE driving some Sonus Faber Minimas, and it suits them pretty well, given the disparity in price. The sound is warm, detailed enough and the bass is well controlled if not particularly deep, but the latter is as much the speakers as the amp.

There's not much value in swapping the NAD for the Marantz. You have a balanced system so why change it? Can't comment on the Dacmagic, but the ipod/lossless produces not bad sound quality at all.

How is the Dacmagic connected?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts