NAD C316BEE+TANNOY V4 ?

Nelly

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi ive wrote in another post about my nad impulse buy now i think im going to do it again hahahaha richer sounds got the tannoy v4 for £249 http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/tannoy/v4/tann-v4-dk-oakwould htese be a good match for the nad amp ?

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure how they will sound with that amp but I woould imagaine they would work good, they are not fussy speakers, unless you have a small room.

Let me tell you this, they are big cheap boxes......but... they DONT sound llke big cheap boxes, far from it, I have not heard any other speakers for £249 (new) that deliver a big boned sound like these, and they can do refined too, but, if you live in a shoebox living room ,avoid. Large or meduim rooms are fine Another thing that surprises me is they avoid that chestiness and cabinet honk you get with cheapo floorstanders . despite the feeling they might, Highly reccommened 8)

I think there are a few other forum users that have these as well

what are you using at the moment

Nelly

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Johnno2 said:
I am not sure how they will sound with that amp but I woould imagaine they would work good, they are not fussy speakers, unless you have a small room.

Let me tell you this, they are big cheap boxes......but... they DONT sound llke big cheap boxes, far from it, I have not heard any other speakers for £249 (new) that deliver a big boned sound like these, and they can do refined too, but, if you live in a shoebox living room ,avoid. Large or meduim rooms are fine Another thing that surprises me is they avoid that chestiness and cabinet honk you get with cheapo floorstanders . despite the feeling they might, Highly reccommened 8)

I think there are a few other forum users that have these as well

what are you using at the moment

thanks for the reply.please do not laugh but i had some microlab solo6c actives made the active one passive lined them with damping untill i got my tastse of music been running them off a tiny tri path amp and they sounded great to me.but this monster arrived today seriously ive never heard anything like this even with my modded speakers im so chuffed its beyond words.i cannot even put the volume past 10 oclock or my ears start to bleed hahaha.and i read it needs to burn in ?

Nelly

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
ear said:
Perhaps you could post some youutube videos with sound?

hi again heres a couple of youtube vids remember its recorded with my lg nexus 4 (not as bad i thought it would be)

the first is ray charles

the second is reggae so you can see the bass i get with these speakers without tone control :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jGaAav3Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TyrLUyfX14

Nelly

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Cypher said:
Sounds good :)

Which speakers are these ?

They are my modded microlab solo6c actives lol.i made the active one passive as the amp was terrible then it took me a while to to get the right damping for my taste ended up just lining the back,top,bot.i just cant believe what this amp has done for these £60 speakers obviously you dont get the sound i hear but omg the soundstage is massive the music pulls you in makes you want to lean forward into the music

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts