NAD c275bee amp / c165bee pre combo

Don Jr

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about upgrading my 11 year old NAD 317 integrated. Always loved the 317 paired with B&W 602's. Now I'm interested in the B&W CM7's and would like to upgrade my other equipment. I can't find any reviews on the NAD 275/165 combo anywhere. Any information that's not on NAD's web site would be greatly appreciated.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I recently purchased the C165. I chose to go with a QUAD 909 over the NAD C275, but I have heard the C275 and the C375 (integrated version). The first thing I can tell you is that the C375 got a rather lack luster 3 star review from WHF. Search the site to read it yourself.

I use to own a smaller NAD integrated, the C355 80w/ch. I can tell you that the C275 will not sound like the smaller NAD integrated amps. The massive power results in a quite different sound. I found the C275 amp to have significantly deeper bass and the bass was also much more controlled. However, the pronouced mid-bass emphasis I was use to with the smaller NAD integrated amp was missing from the C275. I personally think the 165/275 combo is very very good. I would recommend it to anyone. I also like the idea of buying the separate pre/power rather than the integrated. It should sound slightly better, but even more imporant you have more upgrade options with separates. There are review of the C272 which is the previous generation and is very similar to the C275. Google to find review.

I don't think the CM7 is a good choice for the NAD separates. I think the bass will be overwhelming. You might be able to make it acceptable with the port plugs, but I would go a different direction on the speakers. BTW, I use to own the CM7's.

Don Jr

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate the information greatly. . I did read that review on the C375 as well as reviews of the C272. I noticed in the pictures that NAD added some extra ventillation to the new C275.

I can see this is going to take some time for me to figure out. Options in my area of Upstate NY are rather limited so I will be checking out some different combinations as best I can. I'm limited to around $2100 US dollars for pre/amp combo. My choices around here for equipment I can afford are Rotel, NAD, and Marantz pretty much. There's also Classe', Musical Fidelity and Bryston, none of which I can really afford. There's also the only distributor for Roksan in the U.S. in Niagara Falls which is only 1 1/2 hours away from me.

Speaker choices are B&W, Totem, ERA, Atlantic Technology, Monitor Audio, PSB, and Paradigm.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Don,

Check out Wyred4Sound.com. They are new and sell direct from the web site. They make very good amps that are extremely similar to Bel Canto amps for half the money. For $999 you can get 125/ch amp. Very good reviews on these. They use proven ICEPower technology used by other reputable amp manufacturers.

If you post your email address, I can send you a contact to get a slight discount off NAD products.

Rotel just released the new 15 series amps and pre-amps and they look dynamite, but have not been reviewed yet and I can't hear them where I live (dealers don't stock the 2 channel stuff). These are right in your price range.

But, the NAD separates are very good in my opinion. I would expect Totem or PSB to work better with the NAD than the CM7s.

Good luck...

TRENDING THREADS