NAD 355 for MA RX6??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'll have with these elements a true "team" of success?

I hear all kinds of music you can imagine .... NAD 355 has the talent and features in its "sound", to sing the RX6 and avoid their shortcomings?

as a source was thinking about the NAD 545, because I assume that is the best complement ...

anyone heard this set with the RX6?

someone suggests an alternative for AMP / CD, for RX6?

Merry Christmas to all, and everything nice.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I would highly recommend that 355/545/RX6 combination. For the money, it's very hard to do better. My only caveat is that the RX6 bass can be over blown if you don't have a big enough room or they are too close to a wall. But this can always be tamed by using port plugs in the top port only. Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thank jaxwired!

but tell me ....you personally heard this set (AMP / CD / SPEAKER) to play?

can you report what you hear? can you remember?

that will interconects atlas (mkii equator), and speaker cable atlas were well in the set (equator, or hyper)?

thank you and all the best for you!

izpuuteejs

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I have this NAD combo with focal floorstanders, in general the sound is powerful, the midrange is realistic and detailed.

I've heard MA RS6 with marantz kit (in other HiFi store) Sound seemed detailed, but too bright for me, so the NAD dealer gave a discount for NAD+Focal setup and i am happy with it.

I think RS6 are great spekaers for money as the NAD kit. Go for it!

galinhamix:I'll have with these elements a true "team" of success?

I hear all kinds of music you can imagine .... NAD 355 has the talent and features in its "sound", to sing the RX6 and avoid their shortcomings?

as a source was thinking about the NAD 545, because I assume that is the best complement ...

anyone heard this set with the RX6?

someone suggests an alternative for AMP / CD, for RX6?

Merry Christmas to all, and everything nice.

Hi galinhamix

The NAD C355BEE, C545BEE and RX6 combination is an excellent one. If your budget allows than the Naim Nait 5i/CD 5i is also worth considering with the RX6's.

Interconnects worth considering with the NAD conbination are VDH The Name and speaker cable that i mostly use is generic at around £3/m. With the Naim use the i/c supplied with the CD5i and the NAC5 speaker cable or again the generic one as mentioned above.

Happy new year.
emotion-1.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thanks for your opinion

I
just know I will not have chance to listen to the NAD 355, because the
seller has to order it on purpose, and I have to stick with him, as the
reader 545!

he has available for me to hear the 650 AMP AC / CD .... you had chance to hear this combination with the RX6?

and the player NAD 545 / CA 650 amp? will be better option than with the reader 650 / 650 amp?

THANK YOU!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
galinhamix:Thank jaxwired!

but tell me ....you personally heard this set (AMP / CD / SPEAKER) to play?

can you report what you hear? can you remember?!

I used to own the C355bee, C545bee, and the RS6 (predecessor to the RX6). Because my room is small, I used the rear port plug only. The sound was exceptionally good. I've not heard a more entertaining pairing for the same money. I personally think the NAD gear performs well above it's price class. The sound was everything I look for in a budget system. Solid and engaging bass, with very clean detailed mids and highs. For me, the highs were not too bright. The MA speakers are considered bright by some listeners, but the NAD gear leans warm and for me this created great synergy and balance.

I have not heard this same gear with the RX6. But I have spent quality time with the RX6 and it is very similar to the RS6 it replaced. I would expect the same stellar performance.

My only caveat would be if you are the type of person that likes a very lean and super detailed sound with nothing but super tight unemphasized bass. If this is you, then this would not be the right system for you. Try exposure and a tiny proac for that. I personally find that type of system fun, but only for a few songs, and only if I very carefully select the songs. For long term satisfaction, I prefer the NAD setup.

A

Anonymous

I have the RX6s, the CA650A and CA550C with Chord Silverscreen cables.

It is not the most mellow system and initially it sounded bright/harsh in the treble but after a couple of months it has settled in nicely. Lots of detail. Can listen to it all day.

unbridled_id

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Hey Jax did you pick up the c275bee? I thought you had a different amp.
I
just got the c165bee and like it quite a bit. It hasn't run in but it
is sounding nice from the start. I really love the look of it and it
is so flexible. Had some issues with the remote not controlling all
functions on my c425 but was able to program it. I think I am getting
used to the remote and while not intuitive it does cover all bases.
Whole rig is NAD now (c425, c545bee, c165bee, and c275bee) and I am
content.

A

Anonymous

I got rid of the MA RS1's and got the MA RX6 as i heard they would tame the cambridge stuff, and wow has it ever! i have them partnered with the CA 640a azur and it sounded a little bright at first but its settled down now and really does sound excellent, the rx6's have really tammed the cambridge epuiptment, I orininaly had the amp on sale but took it off sale when i noticed how well the speakers and amp had come together, i too am using chord silverscreen cables with chord crimson interconnects.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
unbridled_id:Hey Jax did you pick up the c275bee? I thought you had a different amp. I just got the c165bee and like it quite a bit. It hasn't run in but it is sounding nice from the start.

Hey...yes, I now have an all NAD setup. Same as you except for speakers and my added DAC. The sound is fanstastic. The bass is so deep and controlled. Among the cleanest bass I've heard. And the highs are also amazingly clean, clear, and extended. I'm extremely happy with it. Will I upgrade again anyway? Probably, but it may be awhile as I truly doubt I can improve much on what I now have.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd consider the Rotel amplifiers. Plenty of current, grip, and power, perfect for speakers that require a little more bass control than usual. The more grip the amplifier has over the speaker, the more that low end bass will be kept in check....

FrankHarveyHiFi:

I'd consider the Rotel amplifiers. Plenty of current, grip, and power, perfect for speakers that require a little more bass control than usual. The more grip the amplifier has over the speaker, the more that low end bass will be kept in check....

I'm confused. Rotel would be one brand (I love the sound of Rotel) to avoid if you consider MA speakers. Or does this mean the RX6's are totally different to RS6?

A

Anonymous

thank you frank.

and what model (rotel) you advise? amp and CD

regards

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It's David
emotion-1.gif

Either the RA05se, RA06se, or RA1520 will be fine for these speakers. I'd go for the best you can get - the better the amplifier's performance, the better the speaker's abilities are realised.

A

Anonymous

thank you david, and sorry!
emotion-1.gif

I heard that maybe the 1520 is not good option because is a very bright AMP, which can not be good with RX6 ... what do you think? agree?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The 1520 isn't an overly bright amplifier, and the RX's are a very smooth range of loudspeakers, so nothing serious to worry about. Have a demo and see what you think
emotion-1.gif

One thing to take into account is that the Rotel's benefit from a good warm up period - I'd give them about an hour before serious use.

galinhamix:

thank you david, and sorry!
emotion-1.gif

I heard that maybe the 1520 is not good option because is a very bright AMP, which can not be good with RX6 ... what do you think? agree?

If you're concerned the 1520 maybe a little bright, try a smoother CDP. Arcam and Rotel (from personal experience) are a very good match, and any edginess the Rotel may have will be snuffed out by the Arcam. A double whammy! Not bad, eh?

A

Anonymous

I listened to the Arcam FMJ A18 Amplifier and the Arcam FMJ CD17 CD Player yesterday for nearly 2 hours in one of the sevenoaks sav dem rooms and yes it sounded very good with the rx6's but i think you would also need to add a sub as to me it lacked a little in the bottom end. i would'nt bother with the rotel the arcam is in a different league, i think the only way you will better the arcam is to demo cyrus naim or roksan.

A

Anonymous

it did! even the couple who listened to it after me said the exact same thing. they ended up buying a cyrus system.

A

Anonymous

Its possible, but to be fair i think it may have been down to speaker placement as well, the guy was in a rush and just plonked the speakers down next to some rx8's and towed them in a little. i found when i sat forward the bass was better but when i sat back it lacked the bass. That was the one and only niggle i had with it, everything else was spot on.

galinhamix:thanks for your opinion

I just know I will not have chance to listen to the NAD 355, because the seller has to order it on purpose, and I have to stick with him, as the reader 545!

he has available for me to hear the 650 AMP AC / CD .... you had chance to hear this combination with the RX6?

and the player NAD 545 / CA 650 amp? will be better option than with the reader 650 / 650 amp?

THANK YOU!

Hi galinhamix

I will still suggest that you consider the NAD C355/C545 with the Silver RX6's as it is excellent. The RA-1520 has also been suggested in this thread and although it is a good amplifier however ime is not an ideal match for the Silver RX's as it is too forward sounding. Besides which i don't believe the RA-1520 (whilst being an improvement over RA1062) has hit the sweet spot as the RA-1062 did.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts