NAD 325BEE or Rotel RA-04?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am a home cinema fan and expending to hifi now. Would like to pre out my denon avr 1905 to an integrated amp. Speaker is Wharfy 9.1s. I have CA Azur340, NAD 325BEE and Rotel RA-04 in my mind. I would like to purchase CA 340 since budget is an issue for me but if the NAD and Rotel performs far better than the CA, I will take either of them. Which will make the Wharfy sings? I listened to The Beattles, Madonna alike, vocals and oldies I would say.

And I have constrain as well. I am not from UK and left with 3 weeks time here so I could only purchase online since I am tied up with my business trip here. Went to Richer Sounds at Southampton today but can't really demo it.

Please help?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I'd prefer both the NAD and the Rotel over the CA.

I'm surprised that you couldn't demo at RS Southampton, though, they're usually very helpful. If you're still in Southampton Sevenoaks is further down the street, and they may be able to help.

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:

I'd prefer both the NAD and the Rotel over the CA.

I'm surprised that you couldn't demo at RS Southampton, though, they're usually very helpful. If you're still in Southampton Sevenoaks is further down the street, and they may be able to help.

Hi Tarquinh,

I am based at Langstone, Havant. Today was kinda rush so I didn't able to demo it, plus they were number of people in the shop. Sevenoaks didn't open... disappointed.

I heard people saying that NAD is better companion for Wharfy, how about Rotel? I prefer Rotel RA-04 than the NAD.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I've never heard the Wharfedales, so it's hard for me to comment. Either would be fine, but like you I'd lean towards the Rotel, though bear in mind it doesn't have a remote.

A

Anonymous

Yea, I couldn't believe it at first paying such money for a remoteless amp. But since it has been regarded as an awesome amp, who cares, haha.

A

Anonymous

Go onto ebay and find yourself a used or ex-demo RA-03 or RA-06. They're the 70W, remote control version of the RA-04 and are superb for the cash.

A

Anonymous

I would discount the CA immediately. Both the NAD and Rotel are excellent amps - I've had them both. The NAD just edges it ever so slightly for me between the two, although I'm no big fan of the way it looks. The Rotel is sleek looking and can be slightly 'clinical' over extended listening. This was the case for me, at least.

I've also had the Wharfedale 9.1's, and personally, they did not impress me as much I thought they would. If you can up your budget slightly, I'd suggest the MA BR2's instead. If you can't, the try the Tannoy's as an alternative.

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Having both a Rotel RA-01 (comparable to the RA-04) and a NAD C320bee in the house, I'd definitely go for the Rotel if you can live without a remote.

A

Anonymous

Hi All, Thanks for your suggestions, opinions. Will definitely go for Rotel since it is sought after
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

If your going for the Rotel, seek the options Igglebert mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts