Nac122x or SuperNait with Nap200

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help please.

This is my first visit to the forum.

What would give better performance-Nac122x with Nap200 or SuperNait with Nap200?

I have the option of either set up and want to get the best out of the system Source CDX2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David.

Evlampi

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Why should you pair the Supernait with Nap200!?

Get a 202+200 combo, or get a pure Supernait, and with the extra money - Hi-Cap or Hi-line, or if you have the new CDX2 version - Naim Dac!

It would be easier, if you share some info about the speakers, the room etc...

A

Anonymous

It says on the Naim website that a Nap200 is an upgrade path for the SuperNait.Would this mean using the SuperNait as a pre-amp?

I am using Focal Electra 1028be Standmount speakers in a 18ft x 12ft listening room.

Evlampi

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
It is pointless to go for a Supernait + 200.

Instead

If you are not planing big upgrades in future - go for a Pure Supernait + Hicap + Hiline

Or if you are planning upgrades - go for a 282+200.

Focals are easy to drive, and good match with Naim.

Good Luck!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I was hoping this would be it-however knowing me upgrading later could happen.

Your thoughts would be most welcome.

A

Anonymous

What I think I should have said was Nac122x/Nap200 or Supernait as my speakers aren't bi-ampable

I wouldn't be using Nap200 with the Supernait.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
No doubt the SuperNait will drive them well, but I'd get the best amplifier you can. Going the pre/power route will get more out of them, and stand a better chance of controlling them. Also, upgrading will be easier as you're already at the pre/power stage. Adding a power amp to a SuperNait, although being an upgrade, would be wasting half of what the SuperNait can do - unless you're thinking of the resale value further down the line.

Are you in need of the onboard DAC on the SuperNait?

A

Anonymous

Thanks David.

I don't need the DAC at the moment but as I only have a direct choice at the moment I think I'll go for the SuperNait.

Regards.

David.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts