My very first system..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

At the begining of April I purchased my very first home cinema/hifi system.

its not all complete at the moment going to add to this next week.

So far

Pioneer BDP-LX55

Pioneer SC-LX73

Bowers and wilkins CM8 with the centre speaker.

564641_3672524530348_1191945825_33493551_2092237860_n.jpg

Please ignore the horrible white cable (this will go soon).

What do you think?

Now for a little help if you could i'm thinking about bi-amping this and adding the cm range sub and maybe next month the cm1 speakers to complete this set up. But before i do is it worth spending the extra £1500 to do this.

I'm new to all this and would really like any input good/bad.

Thanks lewis

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Me likes! Those B&W are real beauties! Nice & clean set-up with a dash of interior color!

But darn, that TV installation is extremely high (?) :? my neck would get sore, haha, j/k! :rofl:

I'd definitely experiment with placement of that center-speaker. It's often best to have it slightly over the outer edge of an a/v-cabinet in order for it not to have an extra baffle (the speaker should be able to disperse sound "freely" and not bounce off the top of the cabinet). However, if it sounds good to you then so what? Just remember to re-calibrate MCACC if you move things around. Can't offer any tips on bi-amp though, sorry. Some swear by it as certain speakers apparently benifit.

Hope you are enjoying your home cinema so far!

A

Anonymous

Oh yeah tv does look high but for some strange reason its not that bad (maybe just used to it).

Will definatly try the centre speaker option you said.

Just need to find out if its worth the extra cash for the rear speakers and the sub.

the sub alone £900 i'm willing to spend the money if needs be but dont fancy just wasting my hard earnet cash

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hiya,

I`d get the CM1`s - that`s for sure ... They`ll look brill on stands at the sides of the sofa... About the sub. If I had the cash, I`d buy the matching sub, but if is a bit too much for you in therms of cash, you could get a cheaper sub , to place in the corner or somewhere on the side ... But , YES..you need a sub for that system , and Yes it is worth spending more to complete the 5.1 Set-Up. :)

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
you may just find the sub isnt needed, some rooms dont react well to very deep bass. The floorstanders may give you all the bass you need in room that size with wooden floors.

However, each to their own so I would see if you could borrow one or something similar to try out. See how you get on. Oh I concur with the center spesker placement.

Nice system by the way!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Are you able to to get another pair of CM8 on home demo??

Your in a great situation that your TV is out of the way of a dedicated CM8 centre. You will have to re-jig the cabinet position to out of the way, but it will give you a proper centre with no phase issues (comb filter), you'd suprised how good it will sound especially with music. Curve ball.

A

Anonymous

I brought yesterday the PV1 and wow what a difference.. Amazing!!! only the CM1 left to go.

Then a new cabnet and possibly a zone ripper but want to find a cheaper way of steaming music

A

Anonymous

This whole system isnow for sale

Just found out my partner is due Twins so need to raise funds

Email me at bruders@hotmail.co.uk ifyou want more pictures and info

A

Anonymous

Is now on ebay with no reserve and starting from £320 here is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251081456538?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

A

Anonymous

very nice system.

however with regards to the subwoofer. if you can try to get as PV1D http://www.whathifi.com/review/bw-pv1d

they are absoloutly amazing. i got to listen to one at the B&W factory a couple of weeks ago and for 300 more its deffo worth it!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
lewy20004 said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251081456538?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

You are going to take a massive loss selling in one lot like that. Someone is going to get a crazy good deal. Probably be worth it to buy and sell it out one piece at a time.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
jaxwired said:
lewy20004 said:

You are going to take a massive loss selling in one lot like that. Someone is going to get a crazy good deal. Probably be worth it to buy and sell it out one piece at a time.

Agree fully.. being on eBay for long long time, this is the best advice. You can still take the auction offf and list the components individually. I know it is more effort but you will make a lot more money as people only upgrade incrementally (most likely scenario)

BTW.. COngratulations!! :cheers:

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
eBay Final Value Fees are 10% or £40. So if you sold the whole lot for £2.5k, you'd pay eBay £40 (as that's the max).

If you sell separately you'll end up paying 10% on everything you sell up to £400.

One alternative I've just tried for the first time is the Classified section of AVForum. I sold a DAC, I had a lot of good contact with potential buyers and the negotiation process is more by mutual agreement. I also saved myself around £40 in eBay/PayPal fees. Maybe just something else to consider.

Ive tried to sell my hi fi complete on eBay. I'm reluctant to sell individually because of the above reasons. So will be giving AVFORUM a go on this as well.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the comments

My reason i'm selling as a whole lot is i did not want to end up with components unusable because say the amp went etc etc and then having bits lying around hoping they sold or end up being stuck with some thing i cannot use..

I'm not going to let it go for peanuts i will just end auction if needs be. As i'm not keen on selling just having too due to the twins etc etc

Was looking towards the 3k mark ish not sure if this is reasonable but would make me a little happier if i got that

TRENDING THREADS