My very boring set-up...

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Not so much boring sonically (steady, Arcam haters!) just nowt really that exciting about the kit, in comparison to some of you lucky chaps. But I'm very happy with it all the same
emotion-1.gif

I have an Arcam CD192 and T61 tuner winging their way to me, so they'll make it a bit more exciting. Would have had a bargain P90 too, but dwelt too long on it, and Sevenoaks sold out. I make a bit of a habit out of missing good deals.

I'm very happy with the TV too, more happy than any reasonable person should really be about a bit of electrical kit, but that's only because I'm a sad rear-pro fan. I might have to get rid shortly due to a move to a smaller house, but I haven't really seen anything I like as much for reasonable money. Even my highly non-techie missus was left cold by a lot of the flat panel sets we've tried. Only one that cuts it is the Kuro, but that's probably too many pennies.

I'm currently debating which other speakers to add from the RS range, to complete a surround package. Don't know whether to go with RS1 or RSFX at the rear. They'll hopefully be joined by the Sony 2400ES receiver, when Sony start shipping and the (hopefully favourable) review pops up.

Any suggestions? Fire away!

emotion-1.gif

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Been a long time since I owned a Rear-Pro TV, loved it on the whole but eventually had to go as the restricted viewing angle go on My nerves eventually. But Your 55"" makes My 50"" Plaz look like a portible!
emotion-7.gif

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
EvilWolf:A very neat set-up.....and who says it's boring?

Thanks
emotion-1.gif
I guess it's not really that boring, it's just quite simple (due to being 2 channel at the mo) and tidy (due to a girlfriend)
emotion-1.gif
I love seeing systems that have loads of kit and speakers!

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Nice setup... I'll probably be putting together something like that in a few months...

Why didn't you use the plinth for the RS6s?

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:Been a long time since I owned a Rear-Pro TV, loved it on the whole but eventually had to go as the restricted viewing angle go on My nerves eventually. But Your 55"" makes My 50"" Plaz look like a portible!
emotion-7.gif

This one is actually pretty god for viewing angles, certainly much better than RP sets of old, and I have no problems at all viewing from the side (it's where the comfier sofa is!). When playing the Wii, and looking down on the screen, it does result in a little darkening though.

When I bought it I was a little worried about screen-burn with plasma, and I really didn't see any LCD's that I liked at all. So I stuck with rear-pro, and resigned myself to stocking it in a corner
emotion-1.gif

The 55" is great though! It was quite a shock when it arrived, they always look smaller in the shop!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Ajani:Nice setup... I'll probably be putting together something like that in a few months...

Thanks! Good luck with your system!

Why didn't you use the plinth for the RS6s?

The outside edges of the speakers are fairly tight to both the TV stand, and the rear wall, so if I'd used the plinths the speakers would have needed to be a few inches further apart on each side. If I'd done that, due to the corner positioning, the speakers would have come further out into the room, which would mean they'd be clearly in front of the TV, which wouldn't look very good.

Also, even if there had been space, my girlfriend would have had something to say! The only question she asked when I was getting the demo for the RS6 was "do you have to use those plinths?"
emotion-1.gif
The chap in the shop agreed with her that they didn't look great, and said he only put them on the ones in the shop to keep them off the floor, and stop them getting damaged.

The spikes from the plinths screw directly into the bottom of the speakers anyway, although it's a bit trickier to get them level!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
My Rear-Pro was a 40"" Toshiba and it was murder off axis, then got a Panasonic 42"" series 5 Plasma which was a vast improvement, and Now have a Full HD Samsung 50"" Plaz. I always liked the way that aRear-Por offered such a large screen for nowhere near the same Money as the early Plasmas which is why I got mine.
emotion-21.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Nice looking rig, blue
emotion-21.gif

Any chance that you could move the whole set up to the wall on the right hand side? Speakers seem a bit too close together buddy.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman:

Nice looking rig, blue
emotion-21.gif

Any chance that you could move the whole set up to the wall on the right hand side? Speakers seem a bit too close together buddy.

Thanks!

I agree about the speakers, but unfortunately, I can't change the position of anything. Because of the rear pro's big booty, it has to be in a corner! As such, that's the only speaker positions that keep the boss happy
emotion-1.gif
They're possibly further apart than they look too, there's about 6ft between them.

It's only a temporary thing anyway thankfully, as we're moving house soon, and the whole hi-fi set-up and screen is going in it's own room. Which I'm hastily buying more kit for
emotion-1.gif
It'll get a bit more room to breathe hopefully!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts