My Technics Sony System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello
emotion-2.gif

My system is a mix of Technics and Sony Componets.

AMP: Technics SU-G50 Integrated New Class A

CD player: Technics SL-P350 , i still have my 1997 5star WHATHIFI Sony CDP-XE200

Tape: Sony dual cassette deck TC-WE405, Dolby BC hx pro

Tunner: Technics ST-610 Quartz tunner

Equalizer: Sony 7 band/channel SEQ-120

Turntable: Technics SL-5210 Quartz Drive T/T Semi Auto with Nagaoka Cartridge

Vintage Amp : Technics SU-7300 integrated amp ( mainly got it for the phono as the SU-G50 was quite on the phono.

Speakers: Jensen AV-17X ( 150 max input) - done tweeter and two 8 inch woofers. ( they have a lovely sound and bass)

Older speakers, part of box Technics which i ported, they have a 10 inch woofer, done tweeter and horn mid-range, they have a great sound particulary in the mid and highs, bass a bit lacking compared to the Jensens.

I have another pair of Technics SB-2735. 3 way speakers with 12inch woofers, it has a lovely bass

So that is my set up :)
emotion-2.gif
nice to meet everyone

A

Anonymous

That was a nice amp you have - I loved the fact it had both a "volume level" meter and a "power output" meter on its display! How loud is the fan on it? Does it only come on when the amps pumping out music?

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
hey Huges !!! Yes i love the LED power and volume meter. I dont hear the fan, as it usually kicks in at volume 3 ( upper volume 3 level approx over 1kw, and u can feel it at the back, so its yeah pretty quite i think. Only time it came once once when i had a phono box added but i didnt use it again coz i think it kinda threw the fan out. Really nice amp, i noticed the difference in sound quality after my 96 sony receiver.

A

Anonymous

hey Messiah :) shall do
emotion-2.gif

SL-5210 Quartz Drive TurnTable.

p1010147ee4.jpg

Sony CD, Equalizer and Tape Deck.

p1010150hd7.jpg

Technics CD Player, Technics Intergrated amp and Sony 5 disc cd plaer

p1010148zm3.jpg

Equipment again and Jensen Speakers :)

p1010146np2.jpg

Technics Tunner and old Technics Integrated amp (76-78 year of vintage)

p1010143uo6.jpg

Old Technics speakers

p1010110yd9.jpg

inside the speaker boxes, i've foamed and ported them :)

Larger Technics SB-2735 3way 12in woofers
26731705ux9.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice lot of stuff! All I can say is that you should get a better EQ though, because that Sony looks a little outdated! Otherwise, a nice load of nearly-vintage stuff!

A

Anonymous

hello Hughes
emotion-2.gif

Thanks, yeah the Snoy EQ is pretty knocked up i got it for $10 bucks lolz. If i went with another EQ i think i'd go Technics.. :) Listening to Coldplay atm and that single sony cd still sounds great, better than the 5 disc one i think :)

A

Anonymous

How's that Technics CD spinner though? Can't remember it, but it looks as if it was quite a good one. If you want a nice EQ though, look at the JVC SEA-70, which is lovely!

A

Anonymous

Hi Hughes,

Do you mean the 5 stack Sony CD spinner, its great but i am selling it. only paid 20 for it xD

The Technics CD player is quite and the tray looks alot sturdier than my Sony (the single disc one). Its has more features, the Sony which i got for new was only $299 (it was a base model in 96 - but won the WhatHifi Award for under $300) I shall search that model of EQ :) now thx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts