My Tannoy Arena Speakers :(

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hello just asking if maybe someone could advise me please ?

If you click on the home page of the forum and look at the picture given under the Style Speaker Packages ... there is a picture of the 5.1 Tannoy Arena package .. and these are the speakers which I use.

I have the front two speakers on the Tannoy stands and the other two are on wall mounts ... I have a six month old chocolate labrador pup who has over the past week or so.... jumped at each of the front two speakers and her nose/chin area has bumped the small mesh grills which are sat in front of the speakers attached to the speaker housing with a small bolt causing the grills to all but fallen off.... my question is this would any of you nice chaps know of some sort of 'glue' which I can use to re-attach the mash grills to their housing which sits just in front of the speaker or do I contact Tannoy themselves to see if they will fix them for me ?

Thanks for any advice.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Bad luck. Good job the stands were stable!

If I'm understanding right, the actual mesh has come away from the 'hoop' that holds it, (the frame that's attached to the front with a bolt)?

I would have thought you could stick it with any decent glue that is appropriate, (I reckon superglue would be OK). It looks a bit tricky though as the mesh isn't attached on the back of the hoops, but is strung from the middle saomehow like a tennis racket.

Ity might be better to contact Tannoy for a pair of full grilles, or maybe go grilless, (they don't look as nice like that to me though). I wouldn't have thought they'd guarantee for a dog jumping at the grilles though.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
kinda said:
Bad luck. Good job the stands were stable!

If I'm understanding right, the actual mesh has come away from the 'hoop' that holds it, (the frame that's attached to the front with a bolt)?

I would have thought you could stick it with any decent glue that is appropriate, (I reckon superglue would be OK). It looks a bit tricky though as the mesh isn't attached on the back of the hoops, but is strung from the middle saomehow like a tennis racket.

Ity might be better to contact Tannoy for a pair of full grilles, or maybe go grilless, (they don't look as nice like that to me though). I wouldn't have thought they'd guarantee for a dog jumping at the grilles though.

Indeed, thanks for the input :)

I bought these a few years ago now from a fellow who had his own company in England setting-up home cinema rooms for people.... I got them for around half price at the time new and was all chuffed.

Tannoy have premises quite near to where I live, only a few miles away so I'll give them a ring in the morning then to see what they advise.... hopefully I can just glue them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts