My System - June 2012

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Switched to a NAD M2. Love how minimalist my system is now. Click To Hear System.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Jax, that all looks the business.

Am I right in thinking that you used to have Bryston......so how does the Nad compare (in what way is it better?).

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cno,

Well, I wouldn't say it's "better", just different. The Bryston kit was excellent and I owned it for more than 2 years. Loved it. However, I've always wanted to try the M2 since it's truly different. The bass is excellent with the Bryston gear, but the NAD is even better. Incredible detail to the bass and a very stong grip on the drivers. The NAD is equally quiet to the Bryston gear and maybe even more so. Also, the NAD doesn't change character at all as you change the volume which is something all conventional amps I've owned have been guilty of. It's a very balanced sound and pristinely clean and detailed. Plus, I consolidated my preamp, amp, power conditioner, and DAC into one single unit. Left me with money to burn as well. :)

A

Anonymous

I've always been interested in the M2, will probably go well with PB1s!

Also no ATV, I guess you're using a smartphone as the remote now instead - also Airport is bit-perfect (44.1khz vs ATV's 48khz), any difference?

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Neon K said:
I've always been interested in the M2, will probably go well with PB1s!

Also no ATV, I guess you're using a smartphone as the remote now instead - also Airport is bit-perfect (44.1khz vs ATV's 48khz), any difference?

Cheers old friend,

Actually, at first I thought the AEX did not sound as good as the ATV, but then I switched to a hardwired ethernet connection. I also bought a good quality toslink cable from wireworld. Now it sounds excellent. I'm still planning to do some A/B comparisons against a CDP just to see.

Yes, using an iPod touch as a remote now. Really happy with it.

TRENDING THREADS