My system costs the earth!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just calculated the cost of electricity needed to keep my (Cyrus) system on standby for a year.

Obviously I've nothing better to do!

It came to £30.

What's wrong with "proper" off switch on the front?...sorry just noticed other thread with similar topic

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
How about these? Use them for my xmas tree lights in winter, and now use them (with a 4-way) for most of my gear...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skytronic-350-112-Remote-Control-Switch/dp/B000H9HU70

A

Anonymous

I like the sound of that, do you know what the retail on one of these is?

Looks real useful with the amount of stanby equipment in my house.

Paul

A

Anonymous

When the central heating wasn't working it sounded boring, excessively bright and produced a sound void of detail - after a few hours running it was back on form, so maybe I'll keep paying the bills and keep it warm!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jon_jh"]What's wrong with "proper" off switch on the front?[/quote]

I KNOW, global warming obviously has little priority with Mid/Hi end Hi Fi companies, but in saying that I think my Kandy sounds better when its been warmed up for a few hours, but that might be due to me being perpetually sloshed after 8PM . But even so...How long would it take for the aforementioned standby saver to actually save on leccy, and would the carbon footprint of producing it outweigh its benefits?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts