My system atm

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Similar to last time...

Main source is still the Marantz CD63 mkII KI, paired to a Marantz PM66 KI amp and Mission 794 speakers, though of late it has been joined by a 2010 Mac Mini which is used manly for for Spotify Premium and Acuradio. It also has my Beatles 2009 Remasters on iTunes (ALAC), meaning that I can happily leave the CDs packed away in their Box of Vision without ever needing to pull them out to play them.

DSC_0757.jpg

Spot the VCR/DVD combi underneath! Sadly this won't fit in the unit, and I only keep it because the boss seems to be irrationally attracted to using tapes to timeshift, though I think I'm getting there: I don't think she's used the VCR much since she discovered the joys of using the Mac to watch iPlayer on the TV.

The two drawers on the right hand side are real, but the ones of the left are 'dummy' and are infact a cupboard door, which opens to reveal my Cyrus tuner (still very much used) and a Wii:

DSC_0759.jpg

To the right still sits my much-treasured Thorens TD160, which has been part of the family now for nearly 40 years and still works superbly:

DSC_0755.jpg

I'm incredibly pleased with this simple, modest setup, which fuses old and new.

:)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. As you can see I need to get the cables hidden, or at least tidied. I can't stand messy-looking cables in our main living room. I've been looking round for ideas and the most common kind of tidies seem to resemble large telephone handset cords which wrap round the cables, but I'm not keen on those; in a living-room environment, they're not greatly more aesthetically pleasing than the cables themselves.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts