admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone as i'm now happy with my set up i thought i'd try and post a few photos, thanks to PJPro for the posting tutorial I wouldn't have known where to start without it.

I'd just like to say a big thankyou to the moderators and everyone else who gave me advice in choosing my kit it's very much appreciated.

I've used Mission Pureflow speaker cable for the front and middle speakers, QED Anniversary XT for the surrounds and QED interconnects thoughout.

Kit comprises of a Panasonic 42TH85PZB Plasma, Panasonic Multi Region DMP-BD30, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sky HD, Acoustic Energy Evo 3B 5.1 Speakers, Illuminaire PLX-318 Lighting System, Harmony 555 Universal Remote, a Handmade Wooden AV Stand and a Belkin mains block/conditioner

2734263163_8724e97814_m.jpg

2735097922_962f303c05_m.jpg

2735271498_22c0614e2a_m.jpg

2735270010_47217b2eea_m.jpg

2735100282_bbe7854e9b_m.jpg

A

Anonymous

Looks like your amp is getting a bit hot in the last pic...

Nice kit. Looks like a great room to chill in.

A

Anonymous

Hellboy quality show.Did you make the stand yourself or whats the story ?

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Hot stuff.. do you put a red bulb behind your monitor? Because I would like to do the same.

Why not try to put some kind of sound absorber inside those centre place. By putting a piece of sponge at the wooden surface behind the speaker, i would sound better, i think.

A

Anonymous

Nice system. Which model QED's do you use for your HDMI, Coaxial and sub cables?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys thanks for the replies, i'll answer them individually if i may,

marvsins
The unit is made out of pine from a company in East Yorkshire called SolidWood Interiors they sell alot of furniture on Ebay which is where i first laid eyes on the unit as i was specifically after a wooden 3 shelf unit for my av components not including the tv, unfortunately for me though the internal depth was slightly too short and the gaps between the shelves were only 15cms high and i needed 20cms clearance for my centre speaker and Onkyo 606 (heat dispersion) so I had them make me one with the required spacings and backing for 280 can't recommend the company enough the worksmanship is excellent.

EVILWOLF
Thanks mate it always nice to get a compliment about the decor (keeps the missus happy lol!)

RADOVANTZ
Sorry but i don't quite understand what you're saying about the centre ??
I have a lighting kit behind the tv which cycles through loads of colours which i brought as my partner used to suffer from headaches when we watched films with the lights off and i'd read somewhere that it can help eye strain. Since i fitted it it hasn't been an issue and the kids love it but weather thats the lighting kit or the plasma ( we used to have an LCD ) i'm not quite sure !

CHARLS
QED cables, Optical is Qunex OT (tv to amp + sky to amp) HDMI is Qunex HDMI-P (sky to tv, bluray to amp + amp to tv) and the Sub cable is a P-SW subwoofer cable

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
RADOVANTZ Sorry but i don't quite understand what you're saying about the centre ??

Answer: Those cabinet you are using might have respond to the sound quality of your centre speaker, which is designed with port at its rear. Sound will be reflected by its surrounding surface (inside the cabinet) like talking in a cave. Try put some soft materials behind of your centre speaker and hear the difference. Just thinking..

A

Anonymous

Ah I see where you're coming now from now it's never been something i've noticed but i'll give it a try and see if there any improvement, cheers.

A

Anonymous

Well after trying various bits of sponge i can honestly say it made no difference whatsoever to my ears but thanks for the suggestion

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts