My sister’s LG 65E7V OLED TV has screen burn!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Screen burn picture:

Attachments

• 6322EC6E-5AF1-4780-9875-5F7C27B3951D.png
    6322EC6E-5AF1-4780-9875-5F7C27B3951D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
D

Deleted member 2457

We just spoke to John Lewis again because my sister is at work and they passed us onto LG who have said they will replace the screen and power board. Great news! :)

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

buzz_lightclick

We just spoke to John Lewis again because my sister is at work and they passed us onto LG who have said they will replace the screen and power board. Great news! :)
You seem to be very good at getting John Lewis to sort out screen burn under warranty when their warranties do not usually cover it! I’m assuming you didn’t have their extended accidental damage cover on this TV?

D

Deleted member 2457

You seem to be very good at getting John Lewis to sort out screen burn under warranty when their warranties do not usually cover it! I’m assuming you didn’t have their extended accidental damage cover on this TV?
It was bought before it come in.

D

Deleted member 2457

It was actually LG who sorted it not John Lewis.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

buzz_lightclick

Actually we spoke to LG not John Lewis. We had to provide receipt and warranty proof to LG too.

John Lewis are now useless!
Still good that you're getting getting a new screen for the tv though due to burn in as many manufactures don’t cover that and put it down to misuse. You / your sister must have had that tv for a few years now ?

D

Deleted member 2457

Still good that you're getting getting a new screen for the tv though due to burn in as many manufactures don’t cover that and put it down to misuse. You / your sister must have had that tv for a few years now ?
3 years (roughly). LG said they get loads of cases like ours.

D

Deleted member 2457

That’s one of the things that has put me off buying an OLED. I think i would get burn in eventually as watch a lot of news channels with the fixed graphics on.
I wonder if John Lewis new extra cost warranty that you pay in addition for actually works.

D

Deleted member 2457

Got a new screen and power board and got it back this Monday. My sister said the picture is better than ever and really happy. So my dad had to pay the repair company £250 I think it was and John Lewis would pay him back that money. They tried to wiggle their way out of that one saying they would pay a good will gesture of just £50 instead - jokers! My dad got all of the £250 back eventually after hours on the phone with John Lewis!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts