MY Onkyo TX-NR905 keeps shutting off

A

Anonymous

May I ask where you bought your 905 from?

Edit: To be more helpful it could be a few things. Are the BD player amd the ipod the only two things you have connected?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Is it well ventilated as the Onkyo's run, apparantly, extremely hot.

A

Anonymous

How many more Onkyo's have to be mentioned on here as being faulty before someone takes notice?! The Malaysian ones are fine, the Japanese ones don't have a great track record.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
orginaltb:Playing my Sony Blu-ray BSP-S350 & sometimes my iPod the unit just shuts off. Also it didnt have a 8ohm choice for my speakers only 6.

Assuming there are no obvious causes - a short on one of he speaker cables, insufficient ventilation - I'd say your best bet is to take this up with either your retailer or directly with Onkyo's UK office.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
4LKN4:Forums, dealers, owners.......

So forums, basically?

What, are forums not a reliable source of information?! And no, not just forums.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
4LKN4:Andrew Everard:
4LKN4:Forums, dealers, owners.......

So forums, basically?

What, are forums not a reliable source of information?! And no, not just forums.

Some forums are more reliable than others!

But I find it hard to believe that you have been surveying dealers and owners and gained this consensus of opinion about the relative merits of various production facilities. It would seem to be taking general consumer research to extreme lengths.

One might almost start to wonder whether you have an axe to grind...

A

Anonymous

Not sure if this helps but i had this happen a few years ago to me and the cause was the speaker cable rubbing against the metal back of the amp and causing a short circuit.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:But I find it hard to believe that you have been surveying dealers and owners and gained this consensus of opinion about the relative merits of various production facilities. It would seem to be taking general consumer research to extreme lengths.Are you jealous of the extent of my research? :)

One might almost start to wonder whether you have an axe to grind....Far from it. If there are service issues, shouldn't the public know about it? It's not something that magazines can really include in a review, unless it's faulty out of the box.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
4LKN4:]Are you jealous of the extent of my research?

No, just doubtful of its existence.

Are you sure? Maybe because there are some people with better knowledge in some areas then yourself? Some areas where a reviewer cannot possibly make a comment as they have no/little experience to comment?

Anyway, this is pointless - I know my comment holds weight, whether anyone else takes notice is up to them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts