Question My new stereo setup

Gaslof

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm looking for a stereo setup (standmounts and amp) to my 20m2 room for around £1000.
My main source of music is Tidal, so it would be great if amp could be capable of streaming or at least had DAC built-in to connect Chromecast Audio (I will consider external DAC if amp sounds marvelous). I listen to electronic music, alternative rock and some hip-hop.
I thought about Dynaudio Emit M20 but I think in my room I can't provide them sufficient distance from the wall (max 20cm).
Recently I tested Focal Aria 906 and I loved the details and vocals but I needed just a tiny bit more of bass. Im not sure whether it is their way of playing or the amp I used was too weak (Pioneer A-40AE).

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Richer Sounds have some good deals on at the moment, the below covers what you are looking for methinks and the speakers will easily take a couple of levels higher amp wise if you want to upgrade

Gaslof

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Richer Sounds have some good deals on at the moment, the below covers what you are looking for methinks and the speakers will easily take a couple of levels higher amp wise if you want to upgrade

Do you think that 20cm is enough for KEF LS50?

rainsoothe

I'd also give Rick's suggestion serious consideration.

Edit: Aria 906 will never shake the paint off of your walls, but they do have nice bass with better amplification (ran a pair with Arcam A19 and Naim Unitiqute 2 + Nap100 and never found them lacking in a 16 sqm room). But for your budget, it would be hard to beat a system with actives, like the one Rick suggested.

Reactions: MUSICRAFT

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts