My new Philips 42PFL9664 issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi
1st time post here. I got a new LCD TV yesterday from Richer sounds, it's a 2009 model Philips 42PFL9664 to replace my old Sony CRT.

With my old CRT it would auto switch when I turned on my Sky+ box (using Scart)but on this new TV I have to press 2-3 buttons on the remote to switch to the device, is this normal?

The same thing happens with my Sony Playstation 3, I have this connected using HDMI and again on my Sony PVR/DVD unit, I have to use the remote to switch to the device.

Is this normal for this model of TV? I found an option on the TV to detect HDMI but the Playstation 3 and Sony PVR/DVD would still not auto switch when I turned on this option. What am I doing wrong? I can live with this but it just seems strange to me.

Thanks for any help on this issue.

A

Anonymous

OK so using HDMI has no input switching. But the Sky+ box is using Scart and it's not switching? Should it switch?

A

Anonymous

Hi Jad

I have that model of tv and i have a blu ray and sky HD connected via HDMI and i too was a little dissapointed it didn't automatically change but the weird thing is when i switch on the blu ray player it does change but to go back i have to use the remote odd :(

Oh and on the remote i'm wondering if your using the home button to change sources, using the source button is much quicker, hope that helps :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts